Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i think the early week scenario is trending toward a whole lot of meh, even for eastern areas but at least it will be more seasonable...i want to make roast chicken and stuffing one night and then home made mac and cheese another and dont like to make those dishes when it is sixty or fifty degrees out

Math was not my strong suit as well, I always have folks ask why i did not become a Met, The answer lies within............... :lol:

My cognitive dichotomy is immense....I mean, we're talking legit, learning disability like struggles in relation to the problem solving arena, superimposed over an exceptional ability to communicate/articulate, synthesize and integrate information.

That's what makes there world/this forum tick....everyone has a toolset. 

Then there are genetic freaks like Will, who do anything and everything better than you can. :lol:

My cognitive dichotomy is immense....I mean, we're talking legit, learning disability like struggles in relation to the problem solving arena, superimposed over an exceptional ability to communicate/articulate, synthesize and integrate information.

That's what makes there world/this forum tick....everyone has a toolset. 

Then there are genetic freaks like Will, who do anything and everything better than you can. :lol:

My math allergy is so severe I carry an EpiPen at all times. Language comes most easily for me, so I strive to develop and push that skill to its natural limit. Still, as you have demonstrated in your outlooks, it doesn't require a PhD in math to develop a sound conceptual framework.

My math allergy is so severe I carry an EpiPen at all times. Language comes most easily for me, so I strive to develop and push that skill to its natural limit. Still, as you have demonstrated in your outlooks, it doesn't require a PhD in math to develop a sound conceptual framework.

perhaps you can get those roommates to decipher the new German model description. I got the mountain torque stuff but some of this is a little gibberish like

Abstract

This article describes the non-hydrostatic dynamical core developed for the ICOsahedral Non-hydrostatic (ICON) modelling framework. ICON is a joint project of the German Weather Service (DWD) and the Max Planck Institute for Meteorology (MPI-M), targeting a unified modelling system for global numerical weather prediction (NWP) and climate modelling. Compared with the existing models at both institutions, the main achievements of ICON are exact local mass conservation, mass-consistent tracer transport, a flexible grid nesting capability and the use of non-hydrostatic equations on global domains. The dynamical core is formulated on an icosahedral-triangular Arakawa C grid. Achieving mass conservation is facilitated by a flux-form continuity equation with density as the prognostic variable. Time integration is performed with a two-time-level predictor–corrector scheme that is fully explicit, except for the terms describing vertical sound-wave propagation. To achieve competitive computational efficiency, time splitting is applied between the dynamical core on the one hand and tracer advection, physics parametrizations and horizontal diffusion on the other hand. A sequence of tests with varying complexity indicates that the ICON dynamical core combines high numerical stability over steep mountain slopes with good accuracy and reasonably low diffusivity. Preliminary NWP test suites initialized with interpolated analysis data reveal that the ICON modelling system already achieves better skill scores than its predecessor at DWD, the operational hydrostatic Global Model Europe (GME), and at the same time requires significantly fewer computational resources.

Forecasting is another matter...you don't need much science prowess to succeed in that arena.....but I do understand why they require that people put in the time to and effort into learning how the physics of the atmosphere play out.

It can't hurt to know the intricacies of how all of these atmospheric phenomena manifest themselves, but one can certainly supplement a thorough understanding of climatology, along with a knowledge of the biases/strengths amongst the pantheon of guidance.

That is how I have any clue what so ever......a  life time of observation and good communication skills help, too.

Archived