Total Members
    Most Online
    Gonzalo00
    Newest Member
    Gonzalo00

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hate warm weather in winter because it means we can't snow.

If I had to choose between warm weather and frigid/bare ground, I'd choose the warm weather...but it's kind of a theoretical argument in a vacuum, because a really warm pattern means we are not going to have any chance at all for a snow event. So no thanks. Cold/dry patterns often lead to a snowstorm at some point...not always, but frequently (see the week leading into late Jan last year and the week leading into Feb 2013 blizzard).

If I had to choose between warm weather and frigid/bare ground, I'd choose the warm weather...but it's kind of a theoretical argument in a vacuum, because a really warm pattern means we are not going to have any chance at all for a snow event. So no thanks. Cold/dry patterns often lead to a snowstorm at some point...not always, but frequently (see the week leading into late Jan last year and the week leading into Feb 2013 blizzard).

Good way of looking at it.  Cold and dry is hopefully bidding your time for something better down the road.  Warm in winter is just about enjoying it day to day but little hope for future snow.

Yeah but you could also have a crappy pattern with everyone above freezing all the way up to the Canadian border, but where SNE is still stuck in the 40's. I'd rather have the warmer version of a crappy pattern.

This warmth is a bit more enjoyable knowing that we are going to have additional wintry storm chances in the next few weeks, however.

Besides those sites I gave you. Mlb.tv is now offering single team streaming packages for 2016. The cost for all team was $130 last season so I'd imagine for a single team it will be much less.

Unless they change it for this year, you can't watch your local team with an MLB.tv subscription. That may have changed with the new single team sub option, but even then it might be tied to a valid cable subscription.

Well, I'd rather a roided out se ridge, than a PV over NE...lets put it that way...unless of course there is good snowpack to preserve.

Yeah but you could also have a crappy pattern with everyone above freezing all the way up to the Canadian border, but where SNE is still stuck in the 40's. I'd rather have the warmer version of a crappy pattern.

This warmth is a bit more enjoyable knowing that we are going to have additional wintry storm chances in the next few weeks, however.

Yes I agree with you in your scenario. But that's more a spring pattern than winter though occasionally we will get it in winter. We had it at times in December the past two winters.

Id say that both patterns are torches. You get that high of 42 but a low of 37. That's a torch anyway. I guess I'd choose the 57F torch over that but both patterns are still torches and I'd want to gamble that the cold/dry pattern bears fruit at some point.

Unless they change it for this year, you can't watch your local team with an MLB.tv subscription. That may have changed with the new single team sub option, but even then it might be tied to a valid cable subscription.

Yeah, major market teams have blackouts within a certain area/distance.

I dropped to a very basic cable package a few years ago. I missed NESN at first but I got over it and we are spending $60 less per month.

Archived