joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
December 28-30th Storm Obs Thread

dryslot

• Replies 703
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Earlier this week I mentioned warm layers aloft would cause weird screw slots. Certainly coming in like a wall for some. The only reason why Northern portions are doing better is that fronto band mentioned prior. In between fronto band and sleet wall? No man's land. It'll fill back in for rt 2 and along pike east now. Boston should get at least an inch or two.

CT really screwed though as expected in the last couple days. Here's to praying Kev manages an inch so he reaches my 1-2" range lol.

Looks like some low level junk. Some weak upward motion colocated with that bit of cold around 875 mb. -7C is cold enough to get some low level ice nucleation. 

Amazing array of stuff going on here. Sleet in CT to the northeast due to mid level warming. Snow falling in NYC due to low level lift. Then to the northeast up here it is only 24F and snowing at a decent clip due to the WAA. Some ocean effect in E MA too potentially  I think I read at work earlier?

As of 12:20am Winter is underway  :weenie:

couldn't believe it wasn't snowing looking at the radar so I went outside and it went from nothing to steady snow immediately

same here, in Burlington, VT.  Nothing, wait 5 mins flurries, then 5 mins and steady snow.  

Archived