amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
January 2016 Discussion

IWXwx

• Replies 578
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ORD is -1.3 for the month. With the mild weather coming Thursday through Sunday, it's looking like a lock to finish above normal.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

It's gonna be close...if it does finish above it probably would only be by a matter of tenths of a degree, unless temps really overperform.

I just have to LOL at the models. Yesterday they started to strengthen the qpf coming down from that clipper tonight, only to take it away today (and add a snowband with the front tomorrow evening).

At least you'll see snowflakes flying in the air (and maybe just enough for a coating), yes?

Finally got some snow today after more than a month without.  Got about 3" of backwards snowfall, it started dry and fluffy ending as wet snow.  

As if this winter couldn't weirder, I just done shoveling the driveway in a light jacket, no hat and 20+ mph winds at the end of January and I'm not even cold.  3" of fresh snow and wind should mean whiteout conditions in the open areas this time of year.  

snow really blowing in off the lake today.  several inches since this morning and an inch of that falling in 20 min.

Temp falling slowly into the teens.

attachicon.gifIMG_3934.JPG

I was looking at the radar at it looked like your area east towards Munising were getting pretty good LES banding.  I picked up around 2 2 inches today snowing pretty good this morning, may get another inch or 2 tonight. 

Archived