• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January 2016 Discussion

IWXwx

The ground was actually frozen earlier in the week, but not very deep. 4 days of above freezing obviously thawed the soil.

Yep.

Even here, the grass still has that late March / early April green-ish look to it.

Meanwhile, the grass had all sorts of ugly mold on it when the snow finally melted last year.

• Replies 578
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yep.

Even here, the grass still has that late March / early April green-ish look to it.

Meanwhile, the grass had all sorts of ugly mold on it when the snow finally melted last year.

I noticed this as well driving from Howell back home today. The grass is definitely greener in the city

Yep.

It's funny you mentioned that. I was noticing how brown the grass has gotten now compared to the usual deep green it was in Dec.

Snow mold the last 2 years was a product of such deep and lasting snowpack. Obviously won't have that this year, even if we get a stretch of heavy, deep snowpack because it won't have lasted most of the winter.

I checked my mom's yard (she has tulips) and there's no sign whatsoever of tulips popping up (as IWX posted). Other than that I have no buds, growing grass, or anything in my neighborhood. Just depressing grass as the last of the snow piles on driveways mostly melted today.

Id love to see a pic of these budding trees as i find it hard to believe. i cant find anything (i started to look because of these posts lol). If anyone's trees really are budding, it's going to be an issue with all the cold coming down the pike. Again, I am mystified how ANYTHING can bud after being in a deep freeze for weeks and two days in the 40s and 50s. Hell an entire winter of dormancy in the south is warmer than that. It must somehow be tied to December's warmth.

Archived