amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
January 2016 Discussion

IWXwx

• Replies 578
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Me and my wife actually looking at a piece of land that's ENE of Oxford and west of Lakeville just north of Mt. Grampian well Over 1200'. that spot is bullesye of SEMI. 60" easy per season.

Before the Rain. A solid 8" cover was OTG. Last week I measured 11.9" to DTW's 7.6". We had a ton of rain as well! Snow was just a lot deeper.

Picked up 0.8" overnight. Looks good with a fresh blanket of white.

We peaked at 6" depth. It's usually deeper north of detroit, but that has not been the case the last 2 winters, except again, probably in those hills per your reports. Last two years snow was often deeper in southern Wayne than southern Oakland, a rare bird

Funny my wife and I have been looking at homes in the village of Oxford and near Mt Grampian for a while now. We just love the convenience of the city too much. But it is so peaceful out that way.

Noticing the radar picking up the easterly flow off of Huron. Wondering if some areas cash in tomorrow.

I'm looking at a lot right near Hosner RD off of Lakeville RD.

Yes do it! You will love this area. Lots of nature. I'm about 5-6 miles east more toward Rochester RD. A mile away from Lakeville.

I think these tiny flakes that have been falling here off and on all afternoon came from LM.  It's rare, but sometimes we can get some very light snow off LM even this far west.

Wouldn't surprise me. The same thing happened here today. Got some light snow off of Lake Erie. Very unusual, but not unheard of.

Even in crap patterns, flakes just fly in the Lakes. DTW has reported snow on 13 of the last 14 days, though as was mentioned, the sun was out the entire day today.

A few Lake Huron streamers did develop on this side of town late in the afternoon, but it was never (not once) overcast.

We're doing pretty well so far today as well on the sunshine front, but the stratus to the NW should move in by late this afternoon.

20160124_1730_DTW_vis.jpg

Archived