amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
January 2016 Discussion

IWXwx

• Replies 578
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why does MSP torch more than here! You're supposed to be colder than this area in the winter.

It was only 32° here today (now). Warmest all day.

It was a fast and furious warmup for sure. Winds started cranking out of the W/SW and the temp soared. I believe Fargo even got a bit warmer than MSP. Melted a large chunk of the snow that's for sure.

Made it to 40 today.  Still some small and dirty piles of ancient crust here and there, but it's mostly a brown and desolate landscape around these parts.  

Here's sort of a funny story.  Today after work I finally decided to pick up all the sticks that broke off the trees from the late Dec sleet/glaze storm.  Mostly uneventful, but the funny thing was in many cases the sticks/small branches were stuck into the ground and frozen in.  You'd go to pick up the stick, and it would be stuck to the ground, as it had apparently speared into the top soil just enough that when it froze it locked it in.  It's amazing how hard it is to pull out a stick that is probably only stuck into the ground an inch or two when the ground is frozen.

Made it to 40 today.  Still some small and dirty piles of ancient crust here and there, but it's mostly a brown and desolate landscape around these parts.  

Here's sort of a funny story.  Today after work I finally decided to pick up all the sticks that broke off the trees from the late Dec sleet/glaze storm.  Mostly uneventful, but the funny thing was in many cases the sticks/small branches were stuck into the ground and frozen in.  You'd go to pick up the stick, and it would be stuck to the ground, as it had apparently speared into the top soil just enough that when it froze it locked it in.  It's amazing how hard it is to pull out a stick that is probably only stuck into the ground an inch or two when the ground is frozen.

My Christmas lights are still frozen under the glacier and snowpack. Eh, they can wait til Spring. :P

Took the rest of my Christmas lights down yesterday. Had to wait until most of the ice melted off the roof to get those ones that hang from the gutters.

Made it to 38° this morning with some flurries. Was breezy all day. 

I've got sticks all over the yard, just like everyone else does. Can't do much with a lot of them since they are buried up to 3" into the ice pack.

I changed the thread title to match February's. lol

We've had 17 days of at least a trace of snow this month, so the flakes have been flying and you'd think it would be a winter wonderland. However we've only had 7 days with at least an inch on the ground and our greatest depth was 2.5".

Here's hoping the next misspelled month will be better.

We've had 17 days of at least a trace of snow this month, so the flakes have been flying and you'd think it would be a winter wonderland. However we've only had 7 days with at least an inch on the ground and our greatest depth was 2.5".

lol...my OCD eyes noticed it right away, and I knew it must have just been changed...

Eh, I woke up this morning and couldn't stand to see the misspelled thread title, so I changed it back.

Hey Hillsdale, to correct February Thread title>Go to the first post>Edit>Use Full Editor>correct spelling error>Submit Modified Post.

WAA had temps climbing through the night, up to 37° at 6AM and looks like upper 40's today and lower 50's tomorrow. Think I'll go down to the river near Peru and try to catch some open water crappies below the spillway.  Although the weather hasn't been brutal, I need to get outside for awhile.

Archived