Gonzalo00
    Newest Member
    Gonzalo00
January 2016 Discussion

IWXwx

• Replies 578
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The day time high under performed here. Hit 3° and 3pm. Had an early morning high of 5°, which was close to the predicted high. If there would have been a little more snow otg, I bet it could have failed to reach positive numbers today.

Already at 0°.

The day time high under performed here. Hit 3° and 3pm. Had an early morning high of 5°, which was close to the predicted high. If there would have been a little more snow otg, I bet it could have failed to reach positive numbers today.

Already at 0°.

Given the fact we have very little snow cover- very impressive cold air mass.

This place can be really putrid in the heart of winter...

LOL!  Are you right downtown MSP or outside the city?  I know not too far out the city temps are a heck of a lot colder (heat island). 

International Falls is just a whole different level then MSP.

l'll be honest.  I don't mind these cold winter days.  The sun is out all the day.  If you have a south facing room with some windows it really warms up nice.  Cars work fine if you have a block heater (both of mine do).  Plug them into a timer for a few hours and they start like nothing.  I get about 60F+ (so if its -10F...the scangauge reads about 50F) when plugged in for 2 hours. 

Winter has been downright mild around here.  I can pretty much count on a couple -20Fs every year ...and we always have at least a couple days or more with negatives for high temps   Just a couple years back we had like 40 days with subzero temps.  We are at 7 days so far.  Heck...we're still just a notch above norm for the month (obviously today will change that).

It sucks more then a July heatwave, but not by much (in my opinion).

This place can be really putrid in the heart of winter...

It is quite a bit different than S WI and N IL where we came from. The warm spells aren't as warm and the cold is that much colder here no doubt. Gotta embrace it otherwise you might go mad.

At least you guys see plenty of winter sunshine. Today is the first time in nearly a week that we've seen sunshine, and lake effect clouds may still fill back in by midday.

I'll take that trade-off (extreme cold for winter sun) any day.

consolation prize LES prospects looking worse and worse

this pattern is brutal

This. When your considering staying up late tonight to experience a weak clipper drop 1-3" it really puts into perspective the position we've been in all winter. It hasn't been pretty that's for sure. I'm not completely sold on another rockin February neither.

Archived