amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
January 2016 Discussion

IWXwx

• Replies 578
  • Created
  • Last Reply

With the sun coming out (doesn't happen much here in the winter on this side of Lake Michigan), I went outside to work on some more snow and ice cleanup. Holy moly! 1 inch of snow on top of 3 inches of SOLID snow/ice that killed my body trying to break it up. I highly doubt some rain and a temp of 40 will wipe out this rock hard glacier.

It'll be a bit chilly for the Vikings playoff game.

Good point.  Gonna be an interesting game to begin with, but this makes it even more so.  

Sure wish the new stadium wasn't going to be a dome.  Very cold and/or snowy games are fun to watch.  I'll never forget when the Bears played the Vikes back when Favre was still playing.  The field got all icy during the game.  IIRC Favre got knocked out of the game that night.

Good point. Gonna be an interesting game to begin with, but this makes it even more so.

Sure wish the new stadium wasn't going to be a dome. Very cold and/or snowy games are fun to watch. I'll never forget when the Bears played the Vikes back when Favre was still playing. The field got all icy during the game. IIRC Favre got knocked out of the game that night.

You got in. In fact, the play he got knocked out on was the last play of his career. The game was played at the University of Minnesota stadium because the roof on the Meteodome collapsed after the 17" snowstorm at MSP.

Picked up 0.27" of rain today.  

Had dense fog with temps in the mid to upper 30s most of the day, along with the light rain.  As sokolow would say, a pissy light rain and drizzle.  

Don't really see much snowfall in the future.  Maybe we'll finish Dec-Jan under 2".  Abysmal for snow lovers to be sure.  Thank god for that November system, or this would be a complete abortion of a winter.

Horse poop weather pattern...bring the polar vortex.  At least the sun comes out.  This rain/sleet/snow the last how many days is getting old.   We lost a lot of our snowpack...all the snowmobile trails are closed now and i wouldn't dare walk out on any local ice until Sunday or later...  looking forward to bone chilling cold...

Archived