• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
December Banter Thread

H2O

We hit 80F here yesterday with full sunshine. Good day to get the final backyard work completed before the big Winter Storm sweeps across the area this weekend. Springtime to a Blizzard. Looks like the pattern is indeed transitioning. Merry Christmas Wes!

Thanks Steve, Hope you also have a very Merry Christmas. 

• Replies 807
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Merry Christmas, Happy Festivus (for the rest-of-us, haha!), Savvy Saturnalia, etc. to you all!

I was out for a walk a little while ago (no coat needed).  The moon was visible through some thin overcast, and there was a neat white ring around it.  Not the greatest picture but gives you the idea; my lens was barely wide enough to capture it, though the top and bottom are a bit cut off.

post-1508-0-48825300-1451014705_thumb.jp

Zug, I just walked the dog and the halo was quite vivid. Super cool. Couldn't stop looking up at it. I was waiting to see a sled and reindeer fly through it.

Hey Bob...yeah, it was really cool!  Especially for Christmas Eve!  When I was out I didn't even pay any attention until I happened to look up and see it.  Like you, I practically couldn't take my eyes off it.  I think I grabbed that image just in time, as some thicker clouds rolled in and obstructed the halo more, but maybe it thinned out some since.  There was also some ground fog that developed fairly suddenly...felt like I walked into the last scene of "Casablanca" or something!  The photo I posted probably doesn't do it justice, and it's one of the few times I wish I had an ultra-wide lens!

I'm sitting here with the windows almost wide open, and it's still really stagnant and muggy.  But somehow, I just simply refuse to turn on the AC in December!! :lmao:

Merry Christmas, Happy Festivus (for the rest-of-us, haha!), Savvy Saturnalia, etc. to you all!

I was out for a walk a little while ago (no coat needed).  The moon was visible through some thin overcast, and there was a neat white ring around it.  Not the greatest picture but gives you the idea; my lens was barely wide enough to capture it, though the top and bottom are a bit cut off.

attachicon.gifMoon Ring.JPG

Cool.  I just posted in the OBS thread about this very thing.  It was a stunning sight for sure.

Archived