joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
December Banter Thread

H2O

• Replies 807
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Even if the Eagles win tonight, winning next week would win the division, I think. Skins would have swept the season series.

That is correct. No matter what happens tonight if the Skins win next week they are in.

We'll know more about the division after tonight's game

As of now, 

No matter what happens tonight Skins beat Eagles they win division, and week 17 is irrelevant..

If Eagles win tonight, game against Redskins is for division and week 17 is irrelevant

If Eagles lose tonight, but beat Redskins, and then lose to Giants, then Redskins need to win in week 17 to win the Division

We'll know more after tonight...But if Eagles lose tonight, Redskins are still alive even if they lose next weekend, but they don't control destiny

We'll know more after tonight...But if Eagles lose tonight, Redskins are still alive even if they lose next weekend, but they don't control destiny

If we don't do it by ourselves then I don't even want to win the Div. The east is a sad division this year. We are in a perfect spot to lock it up with no help. And we need to do just that. Take care of business and lock it up. We're good enough and playing well enough. If you are going to enter the playoffs with a near 500 record then you need to finish playing your best. And not slip in the backdoor after blowing the chance at walking in the front door.

If we don't do it by ourselves then I don't even want to win the Div. The east is a sad division this year. We are in a perfect spot to lock it up with no help. And we need to do just that. Take care of business and lock it up. We're good enough and playing well enough. If you are going to enter the playoffs with a near 500 record then you need to finish playing your best. And not slip in the backdoor after blowing the chance at walking in the front door.

Matt is an Eagles fan, I don't think there is any we :).

Not a skins fan, but I thought they looked good today.

Slip is ok. Playoffs are based on the entire season, not one game. Though I agree...better to control your destiny.

I entered tonight's game trailing by 39 points (after going against Jordan Reed, Mike Evans, and the Pats D).  All I had left was David Johnson.  LOL.  3 weeks ago, despite leading my league in scoring by 100+ points, I was dead last.  Now, I'm headed to the super bowl next week.  Unreal.  Maybe there is even some hope for this winter after all.

Serious question.  I'm booked at Snowshoe from the 28th-1st.  Right now it looks it's not going to get below freezing there until the 28th, and then 40s and rain is the daytime look.  I presume snowmaking only works below freezing... Does anyone know how quickly they can turn around the slopes, or should I just take the hit on the deposit and figure something else out for the week?  Or should I still be holding out hope that the 7 day GFS trends colder at least for the high mountains?

Serious question.  I'm booked at Snowshoe from the 28th-1st.  Right now it looks it's not going to get below freezing there until the 28th, and then 40s and rain is the daytime look.  I presume snowmaking only works below freezing... Does anyone know how quickly they can turn around the slopes, or should I just take the hit on the deposit and figure something else out for the week?  Or should I still be holding out hope that the 7 day GFS trends colder at least for the high mountains?

They can produce a good bit of snow in 24 hours, but like you said it needs to be below freezing or mid/upper 30's with very dry air.

Not sure what to suggest. Had a friend up there last week. They closed after Tuesday because conditions got rough but reopened this weekend and were making snow as fast as possible. The warm temps hurt, but the rain is the real killer.

Josh, it's going to be a tough week for all ski areas including snowshoe. The next 10 days don't look kind for snowmaking or natural snow. Not to mention the forecast includes multiple rain days. They do have a dozen trails open but you are going primetime so I can only imagine a sea of humanity packing the few trails they have open. 

I would say it takes a minimum of 48 hours of good snowmaking conditions to lay down enough piles for any type of large terrain expansion. 

Archived