CHSVol
    Newest Member
    CHSVol
December Banter Thread

H2O

• Replies 807
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If the GFS timing is right I might try Xmas eve. It the euro maybe the 23rd though I'd only fish a local pond.

i dont care anymore. to me its just a continuation of summer/fall. its not like we are missing anything. Its not like we got a big snowstorm...then the pattern changed.....this is what we have had for months and months in a row. 

the problem with hoping for a Feb 83 is your counting on a once in a life time storm to bail us out

which is probably why almost all the local big names are going below rather than above. even in a perfect winter for such (which i wouldn't say this is at this point) the odds can't be terribly high of a repeat. doug k is all in on it tho i suppose. 

which is probably why almost all the local big names are going below rather than above. even in a perfect winter for such (which i wouldn't say this is at this point) the odds can't be terribly high of a repeat. doug k is all in on it tho i suppose. 

Channel 4 did go all in on their winter snow amounts for our area... 20"-25" and 30"-50" just to our west... though that area includes more of the Apps and the I-81 corridor

Whoops ;)

Cosgrove going cold to very cold for jan and feb for midcatlantic . the occurent weather in October analog wise continues to support my ideas of a moderately mild winter yet not snowless. I do not think that the excessive warmth (+3) calls will materialize as the October occurrent weather analogs do not super such an extreme

While everyone is looking at the LLLLONG range I'm going to go out Saturday and enjoy my mid 30s and wind gusts to 30+ with maybe even a flurry thrown in there. Winter will be here .

For a day or two at least.

Taking the wife up to Gettysburg on Saturday. Figures it will be the one day it's going to be cold this month.

If you were here then, you wouldn't be wishing for it now.  I don't mind heat, but that was awful.

And each year was awful in a different way.  In 2010 it was the absurd, non-stop barrage of 90s.  In 2011 it was the oppressive humidity and the overnight lows in the 80s.  And 2012 went big with the 100s.

Archived