joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
December Med/Long Range Disco

WinterWxLuvr

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Euro has us hovering around 70 both xmas eve and day. Honestly, that sounds good to me. If it's going to be warm and snowless on the holiday let it be really warm so we can open the windows and do whatever outside. 

Lol for being closer to 90 on Christmas day than 50. 50 would of still been an above average temp day

Euro has us hovering around 70 both xmas eve and day. Honestly, that sounds good to me. If it's going to be warm and snowless on the holiday let it be really warm so we can open the windows and do whatever outside. 

does the Euro 384 show a blizzard like GFS?

it has been consistent with that idea, but the GFS has been consistent with a front going through early on Christmas day and making the day cooler (although certainly not cold).   The GFS has been somewhat too progressive in recent weeks, so I tend to think Euro here but not with a ton of confidence.

it has been consistent with that idea, but the GFS has been consistent with a front going through early on Christmas day and making the day cooler (although certainly not cold).   The GFS has been somewhat too progressive in recent weeks, so I tend to think Euro here but not with a ton of confidence.

Yeah, I've been talking about that too.  I find that really interesting.  Not so much from a weather standpoint, but just from a modeling one.

They are night and day on Christmas day.

Euro has 18-19C 850mb temps on Christmas. SPC sounding page appears to have an error with a spike past 20C in Dec on record. NWS UNR shows 16.2C to be the Dec record. 

Actually would be a Nov-Mar record it seems. 

Yeah, I've been talking about that too.  I find that really interesting.  Not so much from a weather standpoint, but just from a modeling one.

They are night and day on Christmas day.

12 gefs definitely favors the euro op solution. I'm sure the EPS will as well. The funny part will happen if the middle ground between the 2 happens. Middle ground meaning a damp warm (but not exceptionally so) and foggy period with lots of showers.

Well 97-98 aside I think a -NAO/AO is particularly critical in Nino years. Nevertheless I think we all agree it's a move in the right direction. Just a matter of what that means.

Maybe recency bias, but I have no faith in getting a -NAO, but hopefully we can pull a real -AO later this winter. 

:o  (not in the good way)

attachicon.gifUSA_TMP_850mb_240.gif

GodzillaNino is just showing off now. 

12 gefs definitely favors the euro op solution. I'm sure the EPS will as well. The funny part will happen if the middle ground between the 2 happens. Middle ground meaning a damp warm (but not exceptionally so) and foggy period with lots of showers.

I agree about the GEFS. I expect the GFS to cave soon.

18z GFS has the same idea at the end of its run as 12z had.. its just a bit further east and phases a tad too late for us... but its still a decent chance in my book... ofc details will change each run... but GFS had really been pounding the drum for the NYE/New Years time period for some kind of storm system

What is there to do outside on Christmas? The forecast for Christmas is just putrid. This isn't Miami. This weather has really made it tough for me to even get into the Christmas spirit. It just feels so wrong.

What is there to do outside on Christmas? The forecast for Christmas is just putrid. This isn't Miami. This weather has really made it tough for me to even get into the Christmas spirit. It just feels so wrong.

Not my preferred Christmas wx of course but better than windy and 50. I'll hike with the dog, throw footballs, and hit the schoolyard and shoot baskets with my son. Maybe put some miles on my bike. Lemonade and stuff

Archived