wigl5l6k
    Newest Member
    wigl5l6k
December Med/Long Range Disco

WinterWxLuvr

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't think anyone takes an op verbatim for warmth at 348 hours. Talking about every 300+ hr snow event on an op is just dumb. We should be smarter than that here, or at least put it in a place where people who know it's nonsense don't have to read about it. 

I guess I am weary of endless posts talking about how ****awful the pattern is for anything approaching snow. I have no problem with someone noting something on an op (warmth or snow)- and am smart enough to fit that into the other musings. I cannot imagine, if you were serious about it, why we would need yet another thread for that. Heck, given the posts on the pattern looking SLIGHTLY less hostile at some point, noting storms that might be snowing somewhere in the east at some point in next two weeks kinda underscores the potential for something to change. I get that some people are beyond thrilled about warmth unending, but at least SOME cold in the wintertime would not be a bad thing. If only to maybe kill the mosquitos.

I guess I am weary of endless posts talking about how ****awful the pattern is for anything approaching snow. I have no problem with someone noting something on an op (warmth or snow)- and am smart enough to fit that into the other musings. I cannot imagine, if you were serious about it, why we would need yet another thread for that. Heck, given the posts on the pattern looking SLIGHTLY less hostile at some point, noting storms that might be snowing somewhere in the east at some point in next two weeks kinda underscores the potential for something to change. I get that some people are beyond thrilled about warmth unending, but at least SOME cold in the wintertime would not be a bad thing. If only to maybe kill the mosquitos.

He isn't serious.

If the rule is no one can notice or comment on snow/cold chances in long range in the long range thread, that's weird.

I think it's ok.  Beyond 10 days is probably pretty silly though.

I'm curious to see what the Euro has in the day 9-10 range today.  I think that time is at least worth watching.

He isn't serious.

Well at least start a Jan thread when talking about Jan stuff. I'm not going to fall on the sword over this one but considering the almost total lack of skill on an op outside 7 days.... eh. 

I think it's ok.  Beyond 10 days is probably pretty silly though.

I'm curious to see what the Euro has in the day 9-10 range today.  I think that time is at least worth watching.

I don't know that we need to bunch our pantaloons in worry over people taking an op run at 348 verbatim. This is a fairly sophisticated board for the most part, I think we can trust most on here to know how to handle someone noting something that far out.  If there are those here that cannot, maybe they can be helped to learn.

I probably would be too if I lived in his town. He's north of the mean 850 line. I would have to drive to State College to get there. It's an improved pattern and definitely opens the door for the NE but not us. At least not yet...

It's good news for us if you take the long game approach.  Most of the nino years that flipped cold the change was gradual.  Storms hit the interior first before getting the 95 cities.  So seeing snow getting closer to us might be a sign we are next. 

For what it's worth, commentary on model runs, even that far out, isn't banter in my view.

No one has to listen to me, I was just sharing my view. No need for a snow lover insurrection. Obv you can talk about whatever you want that's related to weather but we'll likely see something about a 300+ hr snow event from now through February and like 1% will verify if we're lucky. 

I don't know that we need to bunch our pantaloons in worry over people taking an op run at 348 verbatim. This is a fairly sophisticated board for the most part, I think we can trust most on here to know how to handle someone noting something that far out.  If there are those here that cannot, maybe they can be helped to learn.

I support what you're saying. Technically speaking "long-range" has no bounds.

My only concerns are for the newbies who don't understand our posters and the lurkers who might get their hopes up unnecessarily.

As for the warm lover-snow lover "conflict", I'm not seeing one. Every single poster save Motsco wants winter to show the **** up. :P

They will learn

Well at least start a Jan thread when talking about Jan stuff. I'm not going to fall on the sword over this one but considering the almost total lack of skill on an op outside 7 days.... eh. 

I've been starting these threads when we are within 5 days of the new month.  I don't think we need a new thread for both med and long range.

This one will do.  Just gotta realize that in a pattern this bad people are going to look as far forward as possible just in the hope of seeing something good.

It's all good.  I don't think many think that forecasting past 3-5 days is reliable.

I've been starting these threads when we are within 5 days of the new month.  I don't think we need a new thread for both med and long range.

This one will do.  Just gotta realize that in a pattern this bad people are going to look as far forward as possible just in the hope of seeing something good.

It's all good.  I don't think many think that forecasting past 3-5 days is reliable.

Well we're pushing into Jan with some of this talk so might as well have it -- which we do now. I don't think we need a med and long range thread. I'm clearly in the minority who doesn't care to get updates about d14 snow events. So... I'll cease and desist. 

My only concerns are for the newbies who don't understand our posters and the lurkers who might get their hopes up unnecessarily.

As for the warm lover-snow lover "conflict", I'm not seeing one. Every single poster save Motsco wants winter to show the **** up. :P

Are we talking about children here?  I mean, let's get real.  If you aren't mature enough to deal with not getting the weather you want, then you should probably frequent some place other than a weather board.

Not in this pattern.

Archived