CHSVol
    Newest Member
    CHSVol
December Med/Long Range Disco

WinterWxLuvr

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

what's that little short wave surprise on Xmas on 6Z?  not snow but certainly brings a little 850 purple line love which I will raise a toast to if it happens.  I will attempt to find any shred of anything this year related to winter and love it 'til it dies. 

EPS improved slightly from 12z. Knocked down the + height anomaly to our NE a shade. More of an Aleutian low signal in a good spot. Continues to fit the progression on the weeklies. Ao/nao continue to suck of course.

Attm it looks like the first week of Jan will possibly feature a +pna/-epo and +ao/nao configuration. Which is way better than what we have now but far from ideal. At least we'll get away from putting up +15 departures. Just gotta hope things improve from there and not regress to the persistent Dec pattern.

6Z GFS finally has some things to be interested about. The cutter 10 days out with the a nice high over the lakes could lead to a little front end thump before the rain comes in. I know its ugly. But I am just begging to see a few flakes at this point. At least the long range pattern is tons better than anything modeled over the past month.

6Z GFS finally has some things to be interested about. The cutter 10 days out with the a nice high over the lakes could lead to a little front end thump before the rain comes in. I know its ugly. But I am just begging to see a few flakes at this point. At least the long range pattern is tons better than anything modeled over the past month.

This... I wouldnt mind seeing some flakes before it gets ugly

EPS improved slightly from 12z. Knocked down the + height anomaly to our NE a shade. More of an Aleutian low signal in a good spot. Continues to fit the progression on the weeklies. Ao/nao continue to suck of course.

Attm it looks like the first week of Jan will possibly feature a +pna/-epo and +ao/nao configuration. Which is way better than what we have now but far from ideal. At least we'll get away from putting up +15 departures. Just gotta hope things improve from there and not regress to the persistent Dec pattern.

ORH was much more excited about the 00z ensemble run

Ian - seems to me if people can honk the 10 and 15 day for warmth, Yoda can note same for something wintry. Both in fantasy-land, but both have been posted of late. This seems like the thread to post it in.

I don't think anyone takes an op verbatim for warmth at 348 hours. Talking about every 300+ hr snow event on an op is just dumb. We should be smarter than that here, or at least put it in a place where people who know it's nonsense don't have to read about it. 

Archived