• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
November Med/Long Range Disco

WinterWxLuvr

With November being a month capable of bringing winter weather, and the other thread being dedicated to winter in general, it's time to create our annual place to discuss the medium to long range.

We will probably start out slowly, but I anticipate that toward the end of the month things will pick up considerably.

So let's get this started.

• Replies 396
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not sold that the month ends up with big + anoms. I'm thinking along the same lines as Ian. The first 10 days are going to throw up some solid + departures but there are already signs of some dents in the torch armor showing up by as early as the 9-10th. Beyond that is anyone's guess.

Our "torch" is mostly due to the ridge response down stream from the rPNA. SE Canada has a pretty cold pattern at the same time. Not an optimal source region for us like NE but we'll see how things progress. I'm not sold on a -pna / +AO combo through the entire month. OTOH- I'm definitely going to enjoy next week either way.

57/58, 83/64, 82/83, & 87/88 in addition to 09/10 mentioned above.

A better questions would be is there a mod+ Nino that had a warm Nov and followed with below normal snowfall for the winter....although I see Bob is questioning just how warm we end the month. CFS is going Kenny Rogers Roasters on us.

A better questions would be is there a mod+ Nino that had a warm Nov and followed with below normal snowfall for the winter....although I see Bob is questioning just how warm we end the month. CFS is going Kenny Rogers Roasters on us.

not up here since 1957....recall my post in the winter thread

http://www.americanwx.com/bb/index.php/topic/45991-winter-2015-2016-speculation-and-discussion/?p=3733515

Archived