joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
November Med/Long Range Disco

WinterWxLuvr

• Replies 396
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The important thing is that the euro + ens are consistently starting to show fairly significant changes in the LW pattern. Could easily be totally transient and we revert back to a strong +ao/nao. But you have to start somewhere and things are definitely changing. It's nice to see the pv get squeezed. GEFS not as good as the EPS but it's so far out in range it really doesn't matter. 

The important thing is that the euro + ens are consistently starting to show fairly significant changes in the LW pattern. Could easily be totally transient and we revert back to a strong +ao/nao. But you have to start somewhere and things are definitely changing. It's nice to see the pv get squeezed. GEFS not as good as the EPS but it's so far out in range it really doesn't matter. 

Can't see today's EPS, but the GEFS looks like it's trying to get to a better place, but doesn't quite get there.

Are you referring to the 0z EPS, or do you already have the afternoon version?

thats the sickest block ive seen on the euro

ecmwf_z500a_namer_9.png

If the 12z euro ens run has the right idea, it might snow somewhere in the ma/se before the month is over...

Wasn't even close to the previous run, what the heck changed that caused that.  I guess if you look at the previous 4 runs days 10-15 you can see it building toward that but hard to believe.

If the 12z euro ens run has the right idea, it might snow somewhere in the ma/se before the month is over...

you wont find a much better looking upper level map for mischief.....either way...it looks like Thankgiving week will be our first taste of winter...

As long as we end the month with AN temps, I'm good with dat! And at this point, though, I don't see how we erase the surplus.

lol- I could care less at this point. It would be too funny if Dec ends up cold and blocky. Every single seasonal will bust. 

you wont find a much better looking upper level map for mischief.....either way...it looks like Thankgiving week will be our first taste of winter...

All we can do is hope the idea holds and then actually happens. We've had more modeled block failures than digital snow failures the last couple years. 

lol- I could care less at this point. It would be too funny if Dec ends up cold and blocky. Every single seasonal will bust. 

All we can do is hope the idea holds and then actually happens. We've had more modeled block failures than digital snow failures the last couple years. 

yea..but this looks like it starts to form at day 5...but yes...agree

ecmwf_z500a_namer_6.png

I've watched euro ens runs for years now. I don't recall the last time I've seen a 12 hour flip like this. 

Last night

post-2035-0-25230400-1447449050_thumb.jp

Today

post-2035-0-08309500-1447449081_thumb.jp

And like Ji just said, the big difference isn't @ d15. It starts happening at d5 and continues. 

Ji, take a look at the control H5 plots over the pole. OMG that is some wild sh!t. 

Nah, I want November AN to test my research/observation that warm mod/strong NINOs with AN November temps all ended with AN snows at BWI.

Bob, et al.

Is there something tropics-wise that might be force such abrupt changes to the AO/NAO domains? I honestly don't know.

Just a WAG, but I mentioned last night in the NYC forum enso thread that for the first time in this fall, if not the event, that temps in enso 3.4 now are warmer than enso 3. The shift west means it's closer to the the beloved modoki, not that I'm saying it is now or becoming a modoki. That coupled with passage of time into winter "may" have something to do with it. Idk.

Here's a link to the Tropical Tidbits map.

http://www.tropicaltidbits.com/analysis/ocean.html

Just a WAG, but I mentioned last night in the NYC forum enso thread that for the first time in this fall, if not the event, that temps in enso 3.4 now are warmer than enso 3. The shift west means it's closer to the the beloved modoki, not that I'm saying it is now or becoming a modoki. That coupled with passage of time into winter "may" have something to do with it. Idk.

Here's a link to the Tropical Tidbits map.

http://www.tropicaltidbits.com/analysis/ocean.html

The Global Warmer disagrees with this post.

Archived