amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
November Med/Long Range Disco

WinterWxLuvr

• Replies 396
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The GFS has been consistent in showing a cold shot (albeit quick) late this weekend and again the week after. Other models kinda show something similar. We'll see. I think we have a good chance of BN temps for a day or two.

Not sure why we want them.

In the fantasy range, the AO and NAO look to decline, and the PNA shows a rise.  That combo would argue for cooler, stormier, IMO.  I'm fine waiting until the second half of November, or even later.  Until then, sunny and 65 is awesome.

It'll come.

Not sure why we want them.

In the fantasy range, the AO and NAO look to decline, and the PNA shows a rise.  That combo would argue for cooler, stormier, IMO.  I'm fine waiting until the second half of November, or even later.  Until then, sunny and 65 is awesome.

It'll come.

For me, I'd like to send my grass to hibernation

The GFS has been consistent in showing a cold shot (albeit quick) late this weekend and again the week after. Other models kinda show something similar. We'll see. I think we have a good chance of BN temps for a day or two.

Looks transient.  Right now I'd think RIC has an outside chance to freeze, but doesn't look cold enough for DCA. 

Hearing of hints of a cooler pattern starting in 10 days according to the Euro.. it is 10 days away for the hint so I doubt it. Anyone else see anything promising? STILL way early to really matter!

Fairly substantial shift in the LW pattern showing up. It's not a "cold" pattern or a "good december" pattern but it's looking to be quite different from what we are seeing right now. Much more nino'ish with a GOA trough and low heights down around and off the coast of so-cal. Split flow type of look so I assume it will be active along the pac coast and probably continue in the deep south/se. Maybe us? 

I don't see anything noteworthy yet but I'm definitely interested in where we go from what is being shown right now. If the GOA trough retro's late in the month then the door could potentially open for more anomalous cold that could open the door for at least a chance at late Nov frozen. Long ways to go but getting rid of the SE ridge is good nonetheless. 

Hearing of hints of a cooler pattern starting in 10 days according to the Euro.. it is 10 days away for the hint so I doubt it. Anyone else see anything promising? STILL way early to really matter!

The CPC currently has the AO peaking at nearly +5 STD ( :o ) before tanking after mid month.  Hopefully it hangs around for awhile.

post-1389-0-80909800-1446666622_thumb.gi

The CPC currently has the AO peaking at nearly +5 STD ( :o ) before tanking after mid month.  Hopefully it hangs around for awhile.

Yea, the "tank" is relative because it's nothing more than the nasty vortex moving SW towards AK and out of the AO domain space. The "-nao" that is showing up numerically is also misleading to an extent as well. When the vortex moves sw, downstream ridging response in the davis/baffin GL area = -NAO. It's technically a block but certainly a crappy ass pattern if it was happening in DJF

gfs-ens_z500a5d_nhem_3.png

Yea, the "tank" is relative because it's nothing more than the nasty vortex moving SW towards AK and out of the AO domain space. The "-nao" that is showing up numerically is also misleading to an extent as well. When the vortex moves sw, downstream ridging response in the davis/baffin GL area = -NAO. It's technically a block but certainly a crappy ass pattern if it was happening in DJF

gfs-ens_z500a5d_nhem_3.png

Yeah that PACJet is cranking, California needs rain badly though.

For those bored with the current pattern, just loop P3 at the end of the 12z GEFS run. Lock that S up!

12z GEFS kinda brings a smile to my face. Looks like a gradual step down to a cooler pattern and some troughing by mid month.

Just as long as we can build up some +departures big-time before then.

I suspect, as may others, that the "pattern change" being advertised on today's GFS/GEFS will be delayed to around Thanksgiving, which is OK by me.

Archived