joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
October 2015 Obs and Disco Thread

H2O

• Replies 665
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Did a bit of fossil hunting and hiking today at Mountain Lake. Colors in the trees are pretty much nonexistent, but it was really nice out. A bit of fog early on and then it cleared out some later on.

11056583_10206108343839970_6342337188634

Yep, looks same here above 3500 foot now. Down in the valleys it is still peak though.

I thought the lake was starting to fill up again????

Yep, looks same here above 3500 foot now. Down in the valleys it is still peak though.

I thought the lake was starting to fill up again????

There's a bit of water on the far end that can't be seen from this picture, but it still hasn't come up much. I remember renting paddle boats and launching from that gazebo on the right side of the photo.

Strange pattern showing up during the first week to 10 days of Nov considering the strength of the Nino. Strong + height anomaly south the the Aleutians and SE ridge. Something you see far more during Nina's in the winter. Probably just a blip though and won't last that long.

My wag...mjo phase 3. 3 & 4 are warm for us and we should be going through them during much of November. Again, my wag.

Strange pattern showing up during the first week to 10 days of Nov considering the strength of the Nino. Strong + height anomaly south the the Aleutians and SE ridge. Something you see far more during Nina's in the winter. Probably just a blip though and won't last that long. 

Let's hope it lasts until turkey day and then..............BOOM.

I love this time of year. The panic before The Panic.

Of course, if it was showing a cold November then we'd hear the "we're wasting a good pattern in November!" talk. IMHO there's no correlation between temps/precip in Oct., Nov. and even Dec. and the rest of the winter. I've tried that before and failed.

Hell, I am apparently in the minority who likes it warmer in November - can be a great month for outdoor activities in seasonal conditions.

I agree with you- a blowtorch November is nice. I'd want one every year. Normal or below normal temps in November suck- too cold to do anything but not cold enough to snow. Besides, it gives me memories of Nov. 2009. Though the pessimist could say it gives them memories of Nov. 2011, but we're weenies here so none of that talk.

Archived