Newest Member
    joxey
October 2015 Obs and Disco Thread

H2O

• Replies 665
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Strong highs so far this 'cool season'

Plus days and days of onshore winds before precip.

The coastal flooding CWG highlighted in SC and GA is insane. 3rd highest on record for Savannah without a hurricane/severe coastal storm? 

I'm just going to pretend tomorrow's a tropical storm remnant moving through the area. 

The coastal flooding CWG highlighted in SC and GA is insane. 3rd highest on record for Savannah without a hurricane/severe coastal storm? 

I'm just going to pretend tomorrow's a tropical storm remnant moving through the area. 

The amount of onshore flow we've had in recent weeks is pretty remarkable. I guess it was mainly two batches of it but the one back near Joaquin went on for like 10 days. Guess it could continue if we keep getting strong highs against southern stream lows.

The amount of onshore flow we've had in recent weeks is pretty remarkable. I guess it was mainly two batches of it but the one back near Joaquin went on for like 10 days. Guess it could continue if we keep getting strong highs against southern stream lows.

Fairly moist and warm out there for a northeast wind, we are still in the time window for subtropical onshore flow but that window is rapidly closing per climo. The upcoming torch will prevent water temperatures from cooling as usual. What that means for winter is anyone's guess.

Hansen highs are a force to be reckoned with. Mabye we will get good at severe while maintaining or building our snow climo.

;)

and the guidance says "chill out and see how the radar evolves later"

guidance said we were gonna get rain yesterday evening/overnight.  if we end up getting a bunch today, great.  if not, then shrug shoulders and hope it doesn't happen in winter.

understood.   but most guidance had the heaviest rain falling at some point during the daylight or evening hours today.   maybe we will be on the low end of the amounts, but I thought that the comment basically saying that today would be a total dry bust because the 7AM radar isn't lit up  was silly.

guidance said we were gonna get rain yesterday evening/overnight.  if we end up getting a bunch today, great.  if not, then shrug shoulders and hope it doesn't happen in winter.

understood.   but most guidance had the heaviest rain falling at some point during the daylight or evening hours today.   maybe we will be on the low end of the amounts, but I thought that the comment basically saying that today would be a total dry bust because the 7AM radar isn't lit up  was silly.

Calling bust before it happens is silly so I'm with you there.  Just sucked that the calls for rain prior to today didn't pan out.  Stupid HP to our north

agreed.   the models struggled badly with how stubborn the dry air would be.

I'm curious to see how today plays out.   I had been thinking that we'd have heavier showers on and off, then a break later in the day, followed by a band along the front much later in the evening.   But several HRRR runs in a row now bring widespread heavy rain (with maybe some thunder) through our area in roughly the 6-8PM timeframe.

Calling bust before it happens is silly so I'm with you there.  Just sucked that the calls for rain prior to today didn't pan out.  Stupid HP to our north

Archived