Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
October Banter Thread

H2O

• Replies 616
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You know...I was thinking about clippers last night, and it got me wondering what one may look like this year. I wouldn't be surprised if, at some point, we get a pretty beastly upper low dropping down that gets juiced up from the southern stream. It may jackpot north of us, but it'd be interesting to see how that evolved in model land.

Speaking of clippers,  GFS is giving us one for Halloween at the moment.

Today I was lectured on microclimates.....what would I do with 40N not educating me?  ....And I knew weenie-ism was bad up there, but it is more insane than I thought....any suggestion that this winter won't be a monster is taken as a complete affront.....New England - where averages and medians are like unicorns and yeti's....

The SNE/MA rivalry could go to a whole new level this winter...

The SNE/MA rivalry could go to a whole new level this winter...

It's jealousy on our part and a bit of big-headedness on theirs.  When Mid-Atlantic totals in a really high-end winter are only around SNE normals, then there can't really be a "rivalry."

* These are generalizations, by the way.

And he finishes a very nice looking North American trifecta: Trudeau, Obama, and Peña Nieto

Agreed

I knew you'd have a crush on Trudeau.

Duh, look at him

You know he's got loads of nice white powder up there in Ottawa, so make sure he shares some with you.  :whistle:

In my dreams, he does every time.

age?  we have a 23 month old, some days she could care less about her business, other days she's all in on the potty pooping.

My daughter will be three in December. We've tried off and on all year, but she didn't really get serious until late last week. I've learned that it will click when they (the kid) are ready, not when we are. Don't push your daughter to do it. Two is probably a bit early for most kids to fully get it. 

MG, during the training process remove all small toy boats from the bathroom. Trust me on this one. 

:lol: I'm hopeful she wouldn't pull out her bath toys and play in her dirty potty

My daughter was just about 3 before she was good to go with the potty training. Still working on the overnight stuff, but like mg, we've sort of let things evolve naturally. Seemed to work best in our case.

Glad mini-MG is on the same schedule as most kids. Most the boys at daycare didn't get trained until well after they turned three, so she seems to be ahead of the game. But I think that is common, girls train easier and earlier than boys. 

age?  we have a 23 month old, some days she could care less about her business, other days she's all in on the potty pooping.

My son is 3 years & 3 months old. We tried a long time to train him but it didn't work. Our pediatrician told us at his 3rd year appt. that it'll just happen- and it did! Literally the week after the appt. He's fully potty trained now. So don't try to force it. Supposedly for boys the avg is 3 1/2, so he's good for his age.

Little girl G has had one accident in the last two weeks, so I suppose she's fully potty trained at 2 years and 9 months. Same thing happened with her - she decided when she was ready. She actually dropped a deuce in the toilet for the first time well over a year ago, and we thought it was going to be a cakewalk! Ok and behold, she took her time - even seeming to be fully trained about six months ago, then going on a week-long crapping and whizzing spree in her pants and on the floor. We decided to go back to diapers/pull-ups for a while after that. :lol:

Kid is growing up fast...

Little girl G has had one accident in the last two weeks, so I suppose she's fully potty trained at 2 years and 9 months. Same thing happened with her - she decided when she was ready. She actually dropped a deuce in the toilet for the first time well over a year ago, and we thought it was going to be a cakewalk! Ok and behold, she took her time - even seeming to be fully trained about six months ago, then going on a week-long crapping and whizzing spree in her pants and on the floor. We decided to go back to diapers/pull-ups for a while after that. :lol:

Kid is growing up fast...

I've figured out if we have her in pull ups or underwear, she will use the potty. Put her in a diaper after a bath, before bed, and she was quick to poop in her diaper. Guess I need to go out and buy more pull-ups.

Archived