SnowHabit
October Banter Thread

H2O

• Replies 616
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:lmao:

God bless Twatter. 

I'm all for blowing things up as much as the next man, but putting two sidewinder missiles in this thing a few thousand feet above PA would probably do more harm than good.

Plus isn't it in the air to detect incoming missiles in the first place?  It'd be able to dodge them

Today's the 4th anniversary of one of my favorite snow storms. Mostly because of the time of year . This area received about 6 inches of snow ( about 12 inches in the catoctins). Seeing snowmen in every yard on Halloween was pretty neat. Once in a lifetime probably. Every 100 feet in elevation seem to really make a difference with this event. Sadly the big cities mostly missed out.

Easily the largest October snowfall that I have ever seen.  I measured 3.5".

Today's the 4th anniversary of one of my favorite snow storms. Mostly because of the time of year . This area received about 6 inches of snow ( about 12 inches in the catoctins). Seeing snowmen in every yard on Halloween was pretty neat. Once in a lifetime probably. Every 100 feet in elevation seem to really make a difference with this event. Sadly the big cities mostly missed out.

Nice. We were in cockeysville at the time and got a dusting. Oh how I wished I lived in Parkton then

Got 4.5 in Westminster and 5" in Lancaster.  That was a great storm, though the rest of the winter was not.

Just looked up my actual measurement and it was 5.5" . A friend in Sabillasville (Frederick co.) Got over 12" at around 1200' elev. An older friend says back in 79' October 10th I believe 2-3" fell in Carroll co. I was in Baltimore then but that's incredible.

Yeah, we hit jackpot down here 10-10-79 with 4-10 inches elevation dependent of course. That was an awesome and VERY damaging storm tree and powerline wise.

Snowed for hours IMBY, but could never accumulate.  Had one good burst that whitened everything and I called it 0.1 or 0.2 I think.  Melted within minutes when the rates weakened. 

Archived