joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
October Banter Thread

H2O

• Replies 616
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For a 1st post, let me express my thanks. I’ve been dialing in for almost a year now, and learned a lot -- chiefly about re-calibrating the meaning of weather after a life-time on the West Coast. It’s too late now to try and catch up with the intimidatingly knowledgeable folks here, but I think I’m catching on a little. A tip of my hat to you all. May you get the snow you want. 

Tally ho.

based on the last 2 years of having pretty decent winters here, i think a boom or bust scenario is in the cards.  been a while since we've had 3 sizable winters in a row.  one thing i can say for sure is that i'd prefer it to be snowy dec/jan instead of feb/march like the last 2 winters have been because it's still been cold dec/jan which has made the last 2 winters seem too long.  a solid 2 month long winter with snow is sufficient and actually how it normally is around here which makes the last 2 winters kind of unusual.

Welcome. 

Now on to my post. 

The Nats suck, Joaquin was almost a complete waste of time, it won't snow around here for a while, we're probably back to boring, AND MY GAMECOCKS ARE A RAGING DUMPSTER FIRE 

AeJo9wi.gif

as a gamecock, i echo this sentiment

Nice to see another fan :)

But yeah, this season is tragic. Worse than last year IMO :(

oh its a giant clusterf*ck... HBC isnt calling the plays and half our starters are walk ons. time to fire everyone and start over.

For a 1st post, let me express my thanks. I’ve been dialing in for almost a year now, and learned a lot -- chiefly about re-calibrating the meaning of weather after a life-time on the West Coast. It’s too late now to try and catch up with the intimidatingly knowledgeable folks here, but I think I’m catching on a little. A tip of my hat to you all. May you get the snow you want. 

Tally ho.

Welcome to Rockville and the sub-forum!

Pretty unusual 4th quarter winning drive. Skins are definitely better than many expected this year. Cousins played a solid game and most importantly finished a game winning drive.

No chance we beat Atlanta next week but I'm pretty happy about beating Philly.

A win next weekend and there's going to be chatter about the bandwagon.  :bike:

Hell of a situation down here in Columbia. Right where I am in the Shandon neighborhood (near USC) there's no flooding to speak of, but it's on higher ground. Some trees coming down so that might be an issue. Water needs to be boiled, citywide curfew starting at 6 PM. Typical (or atypical) weather-related mayhem. I can't recall the last time there was a weather-related curfew in DC.

Curiously, none of the rain I saw was what I'd call "torrential" (although it might have been overnight when I was asleep). Certainly nothing like what I saw in June 2006 in DC. A steady, heavy rain. The gauge at USC (pretty close to where I live) registered something like 10.75" last I looked. I was surprised. To the east, toward Sumter, there's 15"+ recorded. And of course there's some even more ridiculous amounts downstate.

Many of you might have seen the footage from Columbia, of the commercial strip with the McDonalds in the background. That's Garners Ferry Road, about 2 miles east of where I'm staying. Went down there earlier today. First thing I thought of was the flooding I saw along Rock Creek during Floyd, but this looked more dramatic, naturally, since it's charging through a commercial area. Of course the overall situations aren't comparable at all. My "personal" observations aside, this is a real mess down here. Worst statewide disaster since Hugo, doubtlessly.

A win next weekend and there's going to be chatter about the bandwagon. :bike:

Heh, if Ryan throws for less than 350 yards and 4tds I'll be shocked.

Only chance we have at a winning record is beating the Jets and Tampa after getting destroyed next week. Our secondary is weak at best. 2-2 feels like a big accomplishment though.

Heh, if Ryan throws for less than 350 yards and 4tds I'll be shocked.

Only chance we have at a winning record is beating the Jets and Tampa after getting destroyed next week. Our secondary is weak at best. 2-2 feels like a big accomplishment though.

Living up here I rarely get to watch, but with Ravens off, I got a chance today. A weak secondary, yes, but I was impressed with the defensive line.

Archived