joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
October Banter Thread

H2O

• Replies 616
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A candidate for worst simile of the year, from the NYC thread of all places...

Check the 500mb VOR on the CMC and GFS for the 0Z runs.   The CMC captures Joaquinn fully on Sat. PM while the GFS makes a partial capture later, on early Sun AM, then loses it like a greased steer escaping a lasso.

some sympathy for Bryce, outside the region, is going to fade now that the throat choking routine with Max is getting seen more widely

I agree to some extent, but as long as he gets his MVP, I don't really care what folks outside DC think about Harper. They all seem to have their minds made up about what kind of person and player he is, anyway.  If this indicates he is feeling looser and laughing it off with his teammates, that is a good thing I think.  Last thing I'd want is for him to be sulking and steaming, isolating himself, and sitting on the phone with Boras mapping out a strategy to get out of DC before 2019.  If Rizzo cares about Harper and the organization, Papelbon won't be back next season.  They'll trade him or DFA him and eat the money....

So, question.  Wife wants a weather station.  She's not a weather junkie, but wants information on temp, humidity, wind, etc.  I am more of a hobbyist, but not obsessive.  Price is an object, so the professional grade systems are not on the table.  Anyone have any experience with the AcuRite products?  Are they any good?  There's a model with all of this and a color screen (so the kid my get into it) for like $170 which seems pretty neat.  Thanks in advance.

I stopped caring/posting once chances of landfall near here became as likely as the skins getting to the playoffs. There's really nothing "regional" to discuss up and down the coast. 

Today is the big show. 

It's still 10 times more likely to come straight up the Bay than that.

I stopped caring/posting once chances of landfall near here became as likely as the skins getting to the playoffs. There's really nothing "regional" to discuss up and down the coast. 

Today is the big show. 

Lies.  you are still looking

Friend in Delaware just got a call from their EMA saying high tide will be 3-4' higher then normal with high winds telling them to consider evac.. he said he wasn't sure what he was going to do, i told him he manages a liquor store, he knows what he'll do. :)

you mean he's a bouncer?

Archived