• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Met Autumn BANTER

dmillz25

Our weather is far superior to Denver. I guess Long Island is in a class of its own.

Their weather is a lot more interesting than ours. I still prefer our weather over Denver's, the wide diurnal ranges and volatile climate in general doesn't really appeal to me, nor do the (slightly) cooler average temps, I need real warmth.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Their weather is a lot more interesting than ours. I still prefer our weather over Denver's, the wide diurnal ranges and volatile climate in general doesn't really appeal to me, nor do the (slightly) cooler average temps, I need real warmth.

Understandable. I go for seasonal intensity and tropical season/snow co-occuring. To the best of knowledge this is the only location on such a widespread level in the world for that without the necessity of super high elevations.

Woah lol. Denver gets snow as early as September and as late as May. As much as i love living here i would love being there when it snows

Depends on your perspective for sure. Over the years I want my winters/snow season be only 2 months long, especially to make room for more intense spring-like storms and coastal water heating. At heart, I like rain and snow equally and dry, cold, or stable conditions are my enemy outside their respective seasons.

Hopefully we have a better thunderstorm season next year. 2015 has been another disappointment in that department.

This was one of the first years I can remember without at least one higher end severe threat. We had a few higher risk days but nothing that actually transpired out my way. I know that there was that one event which hit Long Island and SNE pretty hard.

Pretty wild stat courtesy of Philip Klotzbach....

https://twitter.com/philklotzbach/status/644855034564313088?lang=en

63 Atl hurricanes since FL's last hurricane (Wilma). Odds are ~1:5000 given 20th century basin/FL landfall ratio.

I would take that with a grain of salt. Allot of deep basin storms were missed pre satellite era. So that would reduce the odds. It's still incredible though

I would take that with a grain of salt. Allot of deep basin storms were missed pre satellite era. So that would reduce the odds. It's still incredible though

Maybe he takes that into account when making the calculation since he is a top hurricane researcher.

Some research suggests that the pre satellite era missed 2 storms a year which were short lived

that ships couldn't report. But even if the true calculation is 1:2500 or lower, that's still very impressive.

The other oddity is that the previous record for Florida happened during the -AMO era.

We should start a pool on when the next Florida hurricane will be.

#Florida's unprecedented #hurricane "drought": 9yrs and counting. Previous longest stretch was 5yrs (1980-1984)

Highs;

9/16:

HPN: 85

TEB: 91

NYC: 86

EWR: 88

LGA: 87

JFK: 84

ISP: 85

New Brunswick: 86

BLM: 82

TTN: 86