joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Met Autumn BANTER

dmillz25

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well that'd be your kiss of death for winter. Luckily it's only September.

It probably means plenty of big highs rolling across SE Canada blocking the rain to our south.

Maybe something can sneak in here for some much needed rains if we get lucky. The daytime

heat potential should diminish from earlier in the month as we see plenty of days with easterly

flow. But the warmer than normal SST's will probably mean that mins continue to run above

normal especially closer to the coast.

Maybe he takes that into account when making the calculation since he is a top hurricane researcher.

Some research suggests that the pre satellite era missed 2 storms a year which were short lived

that ships couldn't report. But even if the true calculation is 1:2500 or lower, that's still very impressive.

The other oddity is that the previous record for Florida happened during the -AMO era.

We should start a pool on when the next Florida hurricane will be.

#Florida's unprecedented #hurricane "drought": 9yrs and counting. Previous longest stretch was 5yrs (1980-1984)

they don't need a hurricane this year because of all the rain they got this Summer...Something can develop this year and hit them...The low that's moving out now did not develop into a TS but we still have two months to go...

they don't need a hurricane this year because of all the rain they got this Summer...Something can develop this year and hit them...The low that's moving out now did not develop into a TS but we still have two months to go...

it's been a string of tropical storms since 2005 with several producing record rainfall and flooding. The

streak will end at some point.

While I would agree that California is fairly boring weather-wise, we're certainly no Denver. We get like one major event per year, maybe two. I don't think it'd be much of an adjustment, honestly.

Denver's weather is boring most of the year and they have a *really* bad smog problem as inversions occur regularly due to conditionally stable columns manifesting.  Even January & February are boring.  Their main  excitement from snow comes in November, December, March & April...and most of it melts really fast with regular chinooks and mean maxima higher than NYC (though morning minima is a good deal lower than around here.)

What is a 5 post? 5 Post per day or something? 

Its a device used by the board administration to weed out inadequate posters.  On the surface, it would appear that it *only* serves the purpose of limiting the number of times someone who has nothing to add to the discussion is allowed to add to the discussion.  However, the five post designation has a deeper, more important function...to subliminally convince the so designated poster of the inherent lack of value in his posts (as implied by the limitations imposed herein)...which will ultimately cause said poster to experience a pronounced epiphany (not really like the one realized in Dostoevsky's Crime & Punishment)...one in which he realizes that his reduced status on the board is one in which he will almost never be able to lift himself up from due to his own pronounced intellectual shortcomings...and he will consequently cease & desist from even sending forth five dispatches in a 24 hour interval...before ultimately ending all engagement with the board once and for all.

Yawn

If this is indicative of an actual physiological reaction you are experiencing...there is no requisite need to make others aware of it.  If, on the other hand, it *your way* of making the board cognizant of the psychological boredom you are in the midst of...well, there is even less need for us to know about that.

Exactly. That or can't wear any white shirts because they stain too easily from the sweat.

I recall Raffaella Pavone Lanzetti having some amazing insights into this matter in Wertmuller's 1974 magnum opus Swept Away...plus, I was given more insight into how the gentry views the rabble on the continent as a bonus!

If it could snow and stick at 60 then I'd take temps in the 50s.

Save for that poppy scene in The Wizard of Oz...I don't think that's feasible.

....... And only in such a place could the snow fall in warmth and remain a crystal path to the Goddess

RC, having been Over The Rainbow, I can tell you w/o equivocation that some of the ordinary rules of time & space do not operate in quite the fashion one is accustomed to on This Side... 

This is my favorite time of the year! Mid 70's with a north wind. Not too cold not too hot just perfect! Enjoy it folks it'll probably get warm again before it really cools down. How's October looking anyone looked at the long at the long range models?

Tony

#tonyisatitagain #tonylovestogetbanned

Archived