CHSVol
    Newest Member
    CHSVol
Met Autumn BANTER

dmillz25

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Based on the MJO from the GFS and the MJO Trimonthly T Composites for SON. The GFS recommends going into a weak Phase 3 (20th-21st) and then weak Phase 2 (22nd to 25th). This is all after emerging from the Circle Of Death. This could be the driving force for more above average temperatures just before the official start of Autumn. Followed by a quick collapse in temperatures by the 22nd to the 25th of September.

ef2ca84d0a73d8e0a070566534113862.jpg

8c7a97f9ce005009664ee5e41897eed1.jpg

Ehhhh-go to Beach Bagel on Ohio Ave. in Long Beach, that's my spot anyday. East End Bagel isn't so bad either-kinda close second. Gino's will always be my pizza spot too, despite the change in ownership (Substitute pizza/bagels for BBQ and add family feuds, and you have the South in a nutshell). 

Again, congrats. 

Yeah, East End Bagel and Life's A Bagel across from the LIRR were my favorites in LB. Gino's is the king of 

LB pizza.

BBQ is starting to catch on now as they opened a place in the West End and Smokin Al's is doing pretty

well in Massapequa. They even opened a small location just for the summer at Jones Beach.

The new food truck scene in Long Beach is doing pretty well as Anthony Bourdain just payed a visit.

https://www.facebook.com/378345352262194/photos/a.495223987240996.1073741837.378345352262194/835554783207913/?type=1&theater

The GEFS are pretty much below average rainfall and above average temps right through the end of the month. I see no evidence of a major pattern shift or regime change as the ridge appears to be locked in for the foreseeable future. Keep in mind that just because temps will be above average doesn't mean that temperatures will be excessively hot or even Summer like. Most days look to be running 2-3 C above average and with average highs in the middle 70's now we're looking at low 80's to maybe the mid 80's on the warmest days. 

The GEFS are pretty much below average rainfall and above average temps right through the end of the month. I see no evidence of a major pattern shift or regime change as the ridge appears to be locked in for the foreseeable future. Keep in mind that just because temps will be above average doesn't mean that temperatures will be excessively hot or even Summer like. Most days look to be running 2-3 C above average and with average highs in the middle 70's now we're looking at low 80's to maybe the mid 80's on the warmest days.

Good thing the averages come down fast this time of year. The last thing I want is another week of wall to wall heat!!

Archived