joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Met Autumn BANTER

dmillz25

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's pretty epic out there tonight. Still in the low 80s with a mild southerly breeze and crystal clear skies. I'd love to be camping on a mountain or beach somewhere, but a fair-weather jebwalk will have to do.

Hard to remember the last time air condition was required at 10pm in mid September.

Hard to remember the last time air condition was required at 10pm in mid September.

Well, for me, that's been every night thus far in September... lol. I love hanging around outside on warm evenings, but physically can't sleep in a bedroom over 65F. It's weird. 

These late-season "last hurrahs" always make me waver in my enthusiasm for the next transition. I'd been looking forward to autumn/winter for a while, but I'm pretty OK with summer tonight.

Well, for me, that's been every night thus far in September... lol. I love hanging around outside on warm evenings, but physically can't sleep in a bedroom over 65F. It's weird.

These late-season "last hurrahs" always make me waver in my enthusiasm for the next transition. I'd been looking forward to autumn/winter for a while, but I'm pretty OK with summer tonight.

I'm similar, I need it cool in order to get decent sleep and felt similar about the heat today. When I left my office and it was still well over 90 I thought to myself that this isn't so bad.

I didn't mean that tonight was the only night, I mean this year in general. I like it cold in my bedroom as well and luckily so does my fiancée

Funny, that's happened to me this year. I usually look forward to Fall in September, but only when it feels like Fall. This heat though has me wanting Summer to last for awhile longer.

I usually can sleep in a warm bedroom, up to around 78, or maybe 80 on rare occasions. Ice cold is better though :D

The fact that it will happen sooner or later is what gets me nervous. Good luck can't last forever.

Another worry I have every fall is if the northern Hemisphere will produce a good cold air source.

We have been on an amazing winter run the last 15 years. 11 out of 15 have featured near to above normal

snowfall in NYC. The only 4 duds were a result of the +EPO overpowering the pattern. All the others featured

blocking in at least one of the -EPO/+PNA/-AO/-NAO regions.

11 out of 15 near to above normal snowfall composite

Only 4 winters spoiled by a +EPO

We have been on an amazing winter run the last 15 years. 11 out of 15 have featured near to above normal

snowfall in NYC. The only 4 duds were a result of the +EPO overpowering the pattern. All the others featured

blocking in at least one of the -EPO/+PNA/-AO/-NAO regions.

11 out of 15 near to above normal snowfall composite

attachicon.gifcomp.png

Only 4 winters spoiled by a +EPO

attachicon.gifE.png

Yep. If you stick the ridge near Hudson Bay it game set match underneath ..... look familiar ?

Tell me about it. I had to clean up a BBQ for several thousand people.

Anyone else smell smoke? Like brush fire smoke? Is there one somewhere

I smelled it all night

You people who work in offices I cant understand how you set the AC so cold...at home it doesn't go lower than 75 otherwise it feels too cold

I don't work in an office ( wish I did though lol ). I have my ac going right now at 70 degrees. ( no central air )

And The Weather Channel is just realizing now that shows like 'fat guys in the woods' are not what people are looking for from a WEATHER channel. Maybe they will slowly start to come around to the good old days again. I actually don't even have TWC anymore since FIOS dumped them. http://money.cnn.com/2015/09/09/media/weather-channel-sam-champion/index.html

Yep. If you stick the ridge near Hudson Bay it game set match underneath ..... look familiar ?

That really is a nice look. We have been on a great run since the winter of 2000-2001. That year marked a

very dramatic shift away from the +EPO/-PNA/+AO/+NAO pattern that dominated 1986-2000. This forum

wouldn't be very happy if they were back in that era when NYC had 10 winters with below 20 inches of snow.

It seems like the 12/30/00 event was the first snowstorm of the new snowier era.

10 NYC winters under 20" composite 1986-2000

Archived