joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Met Autumn BANTER

dmillz25

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I find it hard to believe we'll have a cold, snowy winter with so much heat on the planet. The power of a super Nino.

It's all about where the 500 mb anomaly centers become established during winter for our sensible weather.

Last winter was the warmest on record for the Northern Hemisphere, but the -EPO/+PNA did the trick for us.

It's all about where the 500 mb anomaly centers become established during winter for our sensible weather.

Last winter was the warmest on record for the Northern Hemisphere, but the -EPO/+PNA did the trick for us.

Screen shot 2015-09-08 at 5.50.29 PM 17-56-43-768.png

I believe we were underneath the only significant negative anomaly in the entire world. It definitely skews the perception of those who experienced the sensible weather that was present in our region of the world.

You can kiss the foliage season goodbye. We'll probably see a 2007 style October with numerous 80s.

I find it hard to believe we'll have a cold, snowy winter with so much heat on the planet. The power of a super Nino.

Both you and Brian were nuts last winter just before the coldest Feb in 100 years ?   Leave the NINO to the guidance 

You`re fine , it`s only  Sept and the guidance had the fall  AN for some time .  

OH and BTW Dec may probably end up  above N so don`t get too bent out of shape. 

Both you and Brian were nuts last winter just before the coldest Feb in 100 years ? Leave the NINO to the guidance

You`re fine , it`s only Sept and the guidance had the fall AN for some time .

OH and BTW Dec may probably end up above N so don`t get too bent out of shape.

After last winter I'll happily just be along for the ride whatever that may be. It would be nice to get a fierce nor'easter (sub 975mb) though (any precip type).

After last winter I'll happily just be along for the ride whatever that may be. It would be nice to get a fierce nor'easter (sub 975mb) though (any precip type).

I think this winter will be OK.

Now if you ask me what 16/17 is going to look like with a LA Nina going off now that's the one I think sux

there have been many great la nina winters including 2010-11 and 2000-01 and 1995-96...I won't write off 2016-17 if la nina comes...

Eventually that EPO region will cool. And when it does a trough in means will show up on the west coast of Canada and that will kick up the SE ridge.

It's coming. Just not this year.

Eventually that EPO region will cool. And when it does a trough in means will show up on the west coast of Canada and that will kick up the SE ridge.

It's coming. Just not this year.

The fact that it will happen sooner or later is what gets me nervous. Good luck can't last forever.

Another worry I have every fall is if the northern Hemisphere will produce a good cold air source.

Archived