Met Autumn BANTER

dmillz25

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

wed/thurs and then multiple opportunities heading into October

Oh my....a dissenting voice...

*worried look*

In fairness, I have not looked at a weather map in the last few weeks....so I *might* not be up to speed in this area..

if you bought into the mega rainfall "threat" for this week please report to the town square tomorrow at noon for your public flogging

I remember Rehnquist...while clerking for Robert Jackson during the Rosenberg's appeal...lamenting the cessation of drawing & quartering in a now well documented memo...as Jessica 6 said in Logan's Run "it must have been a savage world."

It is rather sad when you have no friends or family like myself...and are persona non grata wherever you go....but, I still feel better & happier and more self satisfied than I ever have...Nietzsche was right...whatever does not kill you *does* in fact make you stronger....

I guess I'll welcome myself back....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mmm3KTa601s

the 1938 hurricane that hit 77 years ago today actually caused a tsunami-like wave along the jersey shore. i believe it's from the blowout tide rushing back in as the strong NW winds ceased quickly following the passage of the hurricane

http://www.erh.noaa.gov/phi/reports/tsunami.htm

"Along the shore, the ocean was disturbed, and the gales did damage to some boats, but nothing the shore people couldn't handle. Because of the forward speed of the hurricane, the storm really didn't last that long. With the storm moving quickly northward into New England, the gales died down very rapidly, and a few people headed to the boardwalks to see what had happened. The shore had survived in fairly good shape up to 530 pm. And, then, it was 530 pm, and the terror began.

Looking down from the boards at the churning surf of an almost high tide, people's attention was suddenly turned upward, and they became mesmerized and then terrorized as they looked at a wall of water 50' high moving toward them. The wave was terraced at the front, and non-breaking. People began to run; but, it was too late, because the wave was upon them, and they were engulfed. Others away from the boards not seeing the wave coming in might have heard the roar as it moved inland toward them, picking up an increasing amount of debris before it hit. This wave was so big that the top of it was visible to an observer in Bayville, Ocean County, which is about 3 miles inland. From the shoreline, the wave continued its westward journey, moving into coastal Monmouth County, passing completely over the barrier islands of Ocean County to the south, and extended down into Cape May county as well."

the 1938 hurricane that hit 77 years ago today actually caused a tsunami-like wave along the jersey shore. i believe it's from the blowout tide rushing back in as the strong NW winds ceased quickly following the passage of the hurricane

"Along the shore, the ocean was disturbed, and the gales did damage to some boats, but nothing the shore people couldn't handle. Because of the forward speed of the hurricane, the storm really didn't last that long. With the storm moving quickly northward into New England, the gales died down very rapidly, and a few people headed to the boardwalks to see what had happened. The shore had survived in fairly good shape up to 530 pm. And, then, it was 530 pm, and the terror began.

Looking down from the boards at the churning surf of an almost high tide, people's attention was suddenly turned upward, and they became mesmerized and then terrorized as they looked at a wall of water 50' high moving toward them. The wave was terraced at the front, and non-breaking. People began to run; but, it was too late, because the wave was upon them, and they were engulfed. Others away from the boards not seeing the wave coming in might have heard the roar as it moved inland toward them, picking up an increasing amount of debris before it hit. This wave was so big that the top of it was visible to an observer in Bayville, Ocean County, which is about 3 miles inland. From the shoreline, the wave continued its westward journey, moving into coastal Monmouth County, passing completely over the barrier islands of Ocean County to the south, and extended down into Cape May county as well."

That is incredible. Never knew that.

Tomorrow's our last day with a max sun angle of 50 degrees or greater (ugh), still feels potent to me though.

In about two weeks, the body will not be able to convert solar radiation into active vitamin D3. Once the maximum sun angle dips under 45 degrees, vitamin D via sun exposure cannot be obtained anymore. So it will be back to relying on D3 supplements until the second week of March.

In about two weeks, the body will not be able to convert solar radiation into active vitamin D3. Once the maximum sun angle dips under 45 degrees, vitamin D via sun exposure cannot be obtained anymore. So it will be back to relying on D3 supplements until the second week of March.

Really? Wow that's crazy, never heard of that. I do know you get a lot of D from the sun when it's in full strength.

I've found that fascinating for years but many don't even know that it happened since the focus is typically on New England

I actually want the rain to miss on Sunday as I have tickets for the Jets game, but I don't understand how people can call something a forgone conclusion when the system is still 5+ days away. 

Have you all not seen how terrible models can be at this range?

your most ironic post yet

Archived