joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Fall foliage thread

Ginx snewx

• Replies 407
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Foliage colors have rapidly increased the past 2 days in my area  (Plymouth NH).   2 days ago I would have guessed 25% muted color.  Now we are getting up towards 75% color and the colors seem much more brilliant.  Those frosty mornings earlier this week must have really helped.  Glad things are changing fast for all the people coming up over the long weekend.

Hi, all! Nice to see some posters who I recognize from the days of older weather forums. Anyways, thought I would stop in to see how the colors are in your area. My wife and I had our honeymoon in Vermont 8 years ago. Sounds like you guys are in the same boat as us in the Midwest. Late foliage year, BUT comes on intense. Last weekend I would say our area was at 20 percent color change...this weekend we are probably at 65 percent. Enjoy what colors you have. It doesn't last long!

Nice shots MPM! Midday sun angle is the worst time to shoot foliage haha.

I'm always surprised how big the Deerfield is. Went floating down it 3 times in high school though..some fun class II and III for learning how to kayak.

Scott, you made it back in time for your first winter weather.  One way or another it looks like Vermont will have its first snow next weekend.  Snow this time of year makes me nervous for my place since my power comes over the mountain.  Always nice to get the leaves down first.  At least in Central NH most of the trees will still be in near full foliage next weekend.

2 images attached.  One from Thursday and one from today, Sat PM   Sun angle really changes how the colors look.  I just downloaded what the camera is seeing, no post processing but Thursday AM colors are so much brighter because the morning sun was in back of the camera.  Still aways to go for peak here.  

post-268-0-53341100-1444498454_thumb.jpg

post-268-0-82828200-1444498455_thumb.jpg

Nice shots MPM! Midday sun angle is the worst time to shoot foliage haha.

I'm always surprised how big the Deerfield is. Went floating down it 3 times in high school though..some fun class II and III for learning how to kayak.

Only the top water is the Deerfield--lots of folks driving upstream with kayaks on their roofs today.  The others are a pond.

All eyes are on you for the first snow reports!

2 images attached. One from Thursday and one from today, Sat PM Sun angle really changes how the colors look. I just downloaded what the camera is seeing, no post processing but Thursday AM colors are so much brighter because the morning sun was in back of the camera. Still aways to go for peak here.

Good example of how even non-post processed photos are hard to compare foliage. There's just so many variables when looking at images of foliage...whether they are touched up or not.

And yep, I got back in time to freeze at the summit today. Still 31F with white frosted trees on the north sides of the trees. The sun has melted the rime on the other sides.

Good example of how even non-post processed photos are hard to compare foliage. There's just so many variables when looking at images of foliage...whether they are touched up or not.

And yep, I got back in time to freeze at the summit today. Still 31F with white frosted trees on the north sides of the trees. The sun has melted the rime on the other sides.

Nice! 

WRT doctored photos, the ones I posted are not.  I was thinking some might find the one with the leaves reflecting on the water suspect.  It was not.

Good color in the Lakes Region.

Yeah...I thought the color was nearing peak. Obviously some of the oaks are still lagging, but the maples are near 100% and the reds and oranges have become very vibrant over the past couple days. I'm not sure I'd call it "a ways to go" like Gene said. Foliagenetwork had us under moderate color a couple days ago...I'd say it's high now.

Archived