• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Fall foliage thread

Ginx snewx

Around here in Lowell we had a major cankerworm (green inchworm) invasion over the spring/summer which decimated the deciduous trees. They never recovered and I'm guessing that and the lack of rain may be impacting the color. Up north we didn't get that infestation, and it hasn't been as dry.

One other item of note. 

Days at 90 or above in Lowell this summer: 17

Thornton: 0

• Replies 407
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looking at some of the pics from forums to the south, there actually looks like there is better color showing up in some of the higher terrain in the Cental/ southern Appalachians compared to PF'S pics from Northern VT.

Very well could be...they are up at 4-6000ft.

I see a little more color by the day here but it's slow. Still +8 on the month at the mountain isn't helping.

Very well could be...they are up at 4-6000ft.

I see a little more color by the day here but it's slow. Still +8 on the month at the mountain isn't helping.

I think it's just about perfect timing for me. I get to take a Coop trip to the magical world of Pittsburg next Wednesday. I think it's going to be my first time north of the notches, as the rockpile is as far north as I've been in NH.

I think it's just about perfect timing for me. I get to take a Coop trip to the magical world of Pittsburg next Wednesday. I think it's going to be my first time north of the notches, as the rockpile is as far north as I've been in NH.

Yeah could be good...another week away and further NW in a slightly colder climate up there...there will at least be 50% color I'd guess.

Be sure to go down Idlewide Rd and take the first right to enjoy the most serene spot in the state on the 2nd CT lake.  Go at night for epic stargazing/loons/excessive silence/overly friendly foxs.  It's where my fascination with the northern lights began on 10/21/01.

I'm half expecting a 4 foot snowpack up there.

If you stop at treats and treasures just north of the first lake the owner is a snow weenie. A couple years ago I was up there snowmobiling and he was showing me models. He would probably be a good spotter. It's also one of the few spots with cell service.

I think we've seen more color change in the past 6 hours than we have in the past two weeks. You can actually start to see where the colors are going.

It is definitely happening rapidly now. The question is how vibrant will it be?

This.  As a whole, it's just a general yellowing, but within that, there are some decent batches forming.

I just took these on my trip to the dump, all within a mile of the Pit..  Nice COC day.  I think the progged mid-60's for western Franklin are going to bust.

58.2/46

This. As a whole, it's just a general yellowing, but within that, there are some decent batches forming.

I just took these on my trip to the dump, all within a mile of the Pit.. Nice COC day. I think the progged mid-60's for western Franklin are going to bust.

58.2/46

Nice shots!

Not to start this debate again... But depends what station....haha. The Pit running even with the 2,000ft sites on the crest.

63-67F will probably be the high at most of those 800-1400ft stations on the east slope like Ashfield, Worthington, Chesterfield, etc.

Nice shots!

Not to start this debate again... But depends what station....haha. The Pit running even with the 2,000ft sites on the crest.

63-67F will probably be the high at most of those 800-1400ft stations in your area.

LOL--Check out the post I just made in the banter thread!

I want Hippy to grab a shawl and come up for a subjective comparison.

59.3/48

Archived