• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    wigl5l6k
    Newest Member
    wigl5l6k
Summer Doldrums Banter

Baroclinic Zone

It is gross for sure, and they kids lose focus...but hey, it is what it is... I just take it down a notch, lower expectations, plenty of water breaks, etc.

The building my wife teaches in is an old, circa 1920s building with awful ventilation (in Gardner). She is on the 3rd floor. It is atrocious, but we survive

Yeah, but I like having a mental picture of you screaming at the television, shaking your fist  "Damn you to hell Hanrahan!"  Yes, I know you probably don't get his station on TV in your area but it is my mental picture.

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

it's a joke.  What has changed that we need an early D for 90 degrees (vs 25 years ago) Glad Fairfield doesn't buy into that nonsense.

Obligatory "Get off my lawn!" comment: 

The NNJ schools I attended never heard of AC and usually didn't even have fans running, and also the spring term ended close to the solstice so plenty of hot classroom-disinterested student days.  Of course I graduated HS back in 1964, much closer to when Edison invented the lightbulb.  The first year I went out for football, Sept 1961, happened to be NYC's warmest Sept on record.  Humid mid-90s for 2-a-day practices - yummy.

Obligatory "Get off my lawn!" comment:

The NNJ schools I attended never heard of AC and usually didn't even have fans running, and also the spring term ended close to the solstice so plenty of hot classroom-disinterested student days. Of course I graduated HS back in 1964, much closer to when Edison invented the lightbulb. The first year I went out for football, Sept 1961, happened to be NYC's warmest Sept on record. Humid mid-90s for 2-a-day practices - yummy.

nothing worse than 2 a days in HHH. They fed us salt tablets.

nothing worse than 2 a days in HHH. They fed us salt tablets.

We had those as well, plus a tolerant neighbor whose hand pump that brought up brain-freezingly cold water.  However, the most I ever sweated out in a day (lost somewhere 10-15 lb) came in my first game playing both ways, in late October near-90 humidity.  (We only won 2 games that year, and that game was the 2nd of them, so all good.)

Anyone buyin' that 99 in Waltham ?

I used to live there and it can get damn hot over those sidewalks under the various constructions that make-up dense urbania there, but don't know about 99.  

BOS now wobbling flags on-shore... If they flip back off shore they may pop to 97 or so -- its tough to flood out city-scape 95 to 96 F air without that site setting foot on the sun.  We've seen it frequently enough... 90, 91, 76, 97 at 6pm outta nowhere

Archived