wigl5l6k
    Newest Member
    wigl5l6k
Summer Doldrums Banter

Baroclinic Zone

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I said 5, massive victory over me, something to crow about for years to come I guess.

Any time a heat bet involves BDL, I just ignore it these days...it is so easy for them to hit 90F even when Brainard is like 87-88F. :lol:

If someone wants to do one with BOS and ORH, then I'm always game.

So jealous of MPM's air conditioned property.

His site at 1,000ft is at 83.7F right now.  I'm not sure I want to see what type of airmass would get his spot above 90F.  ORH would have to be upper 90s, BDL like 105F, etc. 

Plainfield 1,800ft... 84F

Ashfield 1,350ft... 86F

Goshen 1,450ft... 86F

Peru 1,700ft... 87F

Shelburne 1,100ft... 88F

Worthington 1,400ft...89F

Charlemont 1,200ft...89F

Asfield 1,000ft... 91F

His site at 1,000ft is at 83.7F right now.  I'm not sure I want to see what type of airmass would get his spot above 90F.  ORH would have to be upper 90s, BDL like 105F, etc. 

Ashfield 1,350ft... 86F

Goshen 1,450ft... 86F

Shelburne 1,100ft... 88F

Charlemont 1,200ft...89F

Asfield 1,000ft... 91F

attachicon.gifMPM.jpg

It's just the magic of that miracle stretch from West Chesterfield to Shelburne Falls.

Ashfield 1,350ft... 86F

Goshen 1,450ft... 86F

Shelburne 1,100ft... 88F

Charlemont 1,200ft...89F

Asfield 1,000ft... 91F

Lol, that is nuts.

That's gotta be from vegetation. I don't remember his site being that different in winter. The sites up in the Berks higher than him are usually colder in winter.

Lol, that is nuts.

That's gotta be from vegetation. I don't remember his site being that different in winter. The sites up in the Berks higher than him are usually colder in winter.

He made it sound like it's not really from vegetation though. I don't know...that seems really odd. To me, it must be that.

It's just the magic of that miracle stretch from West Chesterfield to Shelburne Falls.

Even Chesterfield is 89F right now at 1,300ft per the PWS on Chester Hill.  Worthington at 1,400ft is 89F as well.  The magic is now fully in Shelburne Falls.

Lol, that is nuts.

Yeah not busting his balls but something is up there.  There's another 84F like him but its in Windsor at 2,100ft (Windsor Fire Department).  That's a full 1,000ft higher than him. 

ORH hits 90F while MPM is sitting 83-84F at the same elevation.  Granted they are slightly different geographic areas but I wonder if he gets really early shade or something.  Its like he rises similar to other spots through like noon but then it just comes to a complete halt. 

Probably the most boring video ever recorded.  This is the car thermometer as I returned from Turner's yesterday.  It starts at the base of the hill that leads into Shelburne at around 3:30p.m.  My Davis was reading 83* when I got in.  "Knockin' on Heaven's Door" was playing on the radio during the video.  Apparently, that was a copyright infringement and they muted the video.  lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Cj7ycKG47Q

bump

Plainfield is 84 too, PF's obsessed with MPM, almost jelly. I mean the man had to record his drive to have proof and still the doubts, this is funny

I did say I was jealous of his air conditioned property.

Hey, I love the laws of thermodynamics.  I'm more curious when they get defied.  Need Dendrite to run some MADIS checks.

You honestly can look at all the sites in the Berkshires that are between 1,000-1,300ft and all of them have highs of 86-91F, and see no issue with that temperature?  Heck even ORH hit 90F and that's very hard to do.

from Greenfield on rt 2 to his house 91 to 83 then his Davis was at 83. I have to believe anyone that goes through that much trouble to proof a point. 

I'll have to watch the video and see where the 91F starts. Aside from location (if it is basically on a tarmac, that will add an extra 2-3F easy), car thermometers often read very hot when you first turn the car on and then will cool as you drive...even if you are not driving into a lower ambient temperature.

So those are all factors to consider.

I'll have to watch the video and see where the 91F starts. Aside from location (if it is basically on a tarmac, that will add an extra 2-3F easy), car thermometers often read very hot when you first turn the car on and then will cool as you drive...even if you are not driving into a lower ambient temperature.

So those are all factors to consider.

The Bottom of Rt 2 in Greenfield (which the station read 91 at the time), his post said he was returning from Turner which means he started recording from Greenfield on but MPM will tell better i guess. I watched his other you tube vids, his beautiful daughter has a great voice.

Archived