gopenoxfox
    Newest Member
    gopenoxfox
Summer Doldrums Banter

Baroclinic Zone

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would think it was more humid than normal. Not sure how to quantify that...

Not too hot though

Not sure about down there, but my avg mins for JJA are near normal. The humidity has been NBD overall to me. I think the last couple of weeks may be influencing your opinion of the season as a whole.

I'll finish JJA near normal...not sure I'd call the summer HHH as a whole.

Farmington coop was -2.9 for June, -0.6 for July, would need +3.4 in August to come out normal for JJA; I think they finish the month about +2, thus the summer about -0.5.  Up until this past week, humidity/dews seem (subjectively) to have been below the avg in my neighborhood.  Rain has been about 2" AN for met summer, partially making up for Feb-May being 6.7" BN.  Unless we get some real heat, my current season max of 85 will be my lowest for any year since moving here in 1998, with the 86 of 2008 the only other mark lower than 88.

Man another awesome day. These recent days have been spectacular.

Yeah awesome stuff.

67/54 at 12:30pm under partly sunny skies at the office. Subtle leaf change going on in spots too. Especially areas of the mountain more prone to late afternoon shadows. Not nearly the "rich green" color of July.

Days shortening pretty quickly now. Doodle doo yesterday and today but heats on the way. We close 9/22 on our new house and buyers of this one close 9/29 tentatively...decent timing. Looking forward to getting the move over with. I vow that the next move is to either assisted living or the cemetery.

Gorgeous house. You are closer to chestnut hill now, right? A little elevation increase if that's where you are. Tack on a few to the seasonal average. :lol:

Not sure about down there, but my avg mins for JJA are near normal. The humidity has been NBD overall to me. I think the last couple of weeks may be influencing your opinion of the season as a whole.

I was actually away for about 8 days while the humidity was really bad, but you are probably right. It has felt that we have had a lot of "not really hot but humid" days compared to other years, but it is probably perception on my part.

I can check the FIT numbers maybe, or ORH... but not that interested. :)

Gorgeous house. You are closer to chestnut hill now, right? A little elevation increase if that's where you are. Tack on a few to the seasonal average. :lol:

Oh yeah..maybe another 3-5 inches? Definitely up. Actual in chestnut hill which can be Boston, Brookline, or Newton. This house is officially Brookline.

Thanks for the well wishing nice comments guys!

In the end--that's ha it's al about.

they make creams for that.

LOL

Pretty awesome day on Katahdin's Knife Edge today :)

2015-08-28_18.21.14_zpszvaog2rh.jpg

That's awesome.  How do you rate Katahdin in relation to the challenge of other mountains in the Whites?

Archived