gopenoxfox
    Newest Member
    gopenoxfox
Summer Doldrums Banter

Baroclinic Zone

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Like you said, I think people in rural areas are generally more prepared.  I think we caught of glimpse of how things would be in a major city with Sandy.

I wonder why the govt doesn't make emergency generators mandatory at gas stations as a public service, perhaps funding a part of too. Seems a good idea.

I wonder why the govt doesn't make emergency generators mandatory at gas stations as a public service, perhaps funding a part of too. Seems a good idea.

I've thought about that too.  There's no reason why we couldn't give tax credits to gas stations, banks, grocery stores, etc. for the purchase and installation of generators so that basic necessities could be available during a long term power outage.  They'd be saving us money in the long run.

I've thought about that too.  There's no reason why we couldn't give tax credits to gas stations, banks, grocery stores, etc. for the purchase and installation of generators so that basic necessities could be available during a long term power outage.  They'd be saving us money in the long run.

Yes and they would have plenty of gas to keep them running lol. A huge rethink needs to happen.

Yes and they would have plenty of gas to keep them running lol. A huge rethink needs to happen.

That's one reason I've considered getting a smaller diesel generator because I could run it off my heating oil tank but I chose a smaller portable gas unit because of the flexibility.  I also don't worry about water because I can use my RO to filter anything so I'd be OK.

Have them here,depends on how many gallons they sell to be picked, Pretty sure the stations have to 

pay the brunt of the cost.

Archived