joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Summer Doldrums Banter

Baroclinic Zone

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think we should all just agree he's a terrible poster and move on. Sadly, he adds nothing to the conversation other than subtle trolling and nonsense posts.

At least he's fun to be around in person... on the board... ugh. 

if only you had the power to do something about it

Still no 90° F here as my high was 88° F. Last 90°F or higher was 9/11/13. Looks like PSF reached 87° F unless there's an in between hour obs of 88° F. How long can the streak go? We usually average 3 or 4 days a year with 90° F or greater. 

Tougher at a 1,100 + feet... 

94 down here in the Nashoba Valley... I haven't been keeping track but I think this is the 7th 90+ day, but the majority of those have been right on 90.  Today was the hottest of the summer thus far -

Think we hit 84-85? Already cruising down through 70s.

Actually looks like a record high was set at the picnic tables today on Mount Mansfield.

I'm seeing a high of 79F on MMNV1 at the 3:50pm obs. 

That would break the old record of 77F set in 1987.

That's f'ing hot for up there.  When 4,000ft gets to near 80 degrees.  Wow.

Think we hit 84-85? Already cruising down through 70s.

Speaking of which... the nearby PWS has already lost 17 degrees since the high of 89F.  As of 8pm its down to 72F as that mountain valley air conditioning turns on. 

This is when I used to remember living in downtown Burlington and on a hot summer day, temperatures would still be in the low 80s at like 10pm, while over in the mountain valley towns they'd be down into the upper 60s.  You can see the BTV area heat island right now as they are still locally in the 80s at 8pm.

Archived