CHSVol
    Newest Member
    CHSVol
Summer Doldrums Banter

Baroclinic Zone

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Man Woodstock, CT does remind me of VT. Farm stands every where, rolling hills, white church on a big town green, dairy farms, etc.

Nice day up on the hill at 77F.

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

Blueberry picking and cider donuts.

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

Lots of CT is really rural like VT. I get so frustrated when people I know from VT act like we live in a concrete covered city because we live in CT. I once had a woman I really respect tell me she could not imagine how that Mt. Lion that was here survived in CT since there's no forest here to hide in etc. or they go on and on about how we can stand it with all the people and the traffic and the crime lol.

Lots of CT is really rural like VT. I get so frustrated when people I know from VT act like we live in a concrete covered city because we live in CT. I once had a woman I really respect tell me she could not imagine how that Mt. Lion that was here survived in CT since there's no forest here to hide in etc. or they go on and on about how we can stand it with all the people and the traffic and the crime lol.

Outside of SW CT and Hartford metro, it's very rural. Esp windham and litchfield counties.

Yeah there are a lot of similarities. Of course the biggest difference for me is not being surrounded by 3000 and 4000 foot ridgelines, and I can tell a difference in the vegetation (though many folks may not notice that, there's a northern forest feel) especially in like the northern portions of New England.

But the overall feel of rural dairy farms, farmers markets, rolling hills with morning fog, etc. it's very similar feeling. Winding country routes and forested dirt roads.

Man Woodstock, CT does remind me of VT. Farm stands every where, rolling hills, white church on a big town green, dairy farms, etc.

Nice day up on the hill at 77F.

image.jpg

Blueberry picking and cider donuts.

image.jpg

I used to live right at the bottom of the hill from that orchard, was there Wednesday blueberry picking with the family, those donuts were pretty amazing. Minus the elevation of Vermont the town does have some great views, Pomfret is very similar.

Jared?

Awesome COC day at the dirty Lew for the Great Falls Balloon Festival

IMG_20150822_194220_zpshptkoeqn.jpg

IMG_20150822_193237_zpsp0wrtf1h.jpg

LOL.

Neat!

Whenever I get down about the reduced pay scale and job ops out here I remind myself of why I live in Franklin Co.

Chillin' with the boys in the North River. 

attachicon.gifriver boys2.jpg

Great picture, Chris. 

Just think--in a few weeks people might be firing up their stoves at night.

Yeah love those kind of streams to go swimming in. Good pic.

Yeah a few days ago when it was really hot I took the dog for a couple mile walk in the river in Stowe. Anywhere from ankle deep to shoulder deep wandering the river. The dog absolutely loves it...can run, swim, float, etc. I'm just a fan of the crystal clear water that you can see all the way to the bottom regardless of how deep it is.

Yeah a few days ago when it was really hot I took the dog for a couple mile walk in the river in Stowe. Anywhere from ankle deep to shoulder deep wandering the river. The dog absolutely loves it...can run, swim, float, etc. I'm just a fan of the crystal clear water that you can see all the way to the bottom regardless of how deep it is.

Yeah lots of those in VT. Did a couple of those myself.

Archived