joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Summer Doldrums Banter

Baroclinic Zone

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

LOL "all evidence says it will curve up the east coast." :lol: all I need to know

remember a reporter said that , not directly quoted

He said all evidence suggests the storm will approach Puerto Rico and the Dominican Republic and curve north up the East Coast in the next seven days.

"The timing of when it turns and where it turns is extremely critical," Calaci said. "We understand that if it turns 12 hours later than expected it will come a little bit closer, but it's going to turn."

I'd apply if I was in the field

the weather company currently employs six meteorologists at its Fort Walton Beach station. Carlson said that number will surpass 75 in the next 90 days. Two other NSC stations are located in Denver and Round Rock, Texas.

Sounds like DIT is in charge of this new organization. 

Agree on the meh. The is definitely the warmest min stretch of the season though, but even that isn't too bad...lots of low/mid 60s.

It was definitely more impressive over this way.  Heck, MVL hit at least 86F again today.  Was hard to notice the heat though with the 20-30mph winds all afternoon.  Amazing the difference between calm wind and heat...and gusty winds and heat.  The later isn't nearly as bad.

Anyway, yesterday and Tuesday were two of the hottest days you'll find in the northern Greens.  Mansfield hit 79F on Tuesday which is pretty ridiculous for 4,000ft.

Yesterday featured a lot of 88-91F temps at even higher elevations up to 1,500ft.

I'd throw out the high outliers, but there are some impressive temps at elevation like Greensboro, Elmore, and Sugarbush.  We were at 88F at 1,500ft at Stowe Mountain Operations, too.

It was definitely more impressive over this way. Heck, MVL hit at least 86F again today. Was hard to notice the heat though with the 20-30mph winds all afternoon. Amazing the difference between calm wind and heat...and gusty winds and heat. The later isn't nearly as bad.

Anyway, yesterday and Tuesday were two of the hottest days you'll find in the northern Greens. Mansfield hit 79F on Tuesday which is pretty ridiculous for 4,000ft.

Yesterday featured a lot of 88-91F temps at even higher elevations up to 1,500ft.

August_19_heat.png

I'd throw out the high outliers, but there are some impressive temps at elevation like Greensboro, Elmore, and Sugarbush. We were at 88F at 1,500ft at Stowe Mountain Operations, too.

August_19_highs.jpg

Dang that's hot!!!. 87 here at 155 feet.

Definitely some eyebrow raising claims in there, WRT tornadoes especially... granted I may have a competitive bias here but I don't see that happening with the current radar system and even with a better radar system it will be far from easy.

Archived