• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Summer Doldrums Banter

Baroclinic Zone

It was def warmer up there anyway. ORH only hit 86 today.

Maybe better mixing up this way?  Temps at H85 and H925 looked fairly similar region wide, with a few pockets here or there.  Maybe we got into a warmer pocket.  I think I'm just trying to make this more interesting than it really is, haha.

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fully convinced people who don't work and play outside for extended periods are the only sickos who enjoy HHH and all the bugs and manky smells that come with it. I mean what's the redeeming value. I understand those who like the heat but just don't think anyone who spends hours outside wants high dews. Useless

I work outside all summer and love HHH

Reminds me of that section of 95 through Old Lyme where LifeStar seems to visit at least once a week. I think there are just some sections of highway that lend themselves to people driving faster than they should or realize, and zoning out because they're in the middle of nowhere. Though I thought I heard the worst section of highway in the state was 95 between 19 and 24, but that may be shear number of accidents per mile as opposed to frequency of bad accidents. I know down this way you can bet on an accident between 4 and 5 in the left lane. It's like clockwork every day at rush hour.

That stretch in Old Lyme is brutal.

There are some, what's your job.

Well since 2009 I worked summer camp at the skating rink and the majority of the day is spent outside doing activities...and since spring I've been doing facilities maintenance at a local museum which is outside and inside work.

It's just all about packing yourself and drinking that H2O.

I will admit though...the heat/humidity is taking a toll on me more as I get older

Well since 2009 I worked summer camp at the skating rink and the majority of the day is spent outside doing activities...and since spring I've been doing facilities maintenance at a local museum which is outside and inside work.

It's just all about packing yourself and drinking that H2O.

I will admit though...the heat/humidity is taking a toll on me more as I get older

cool, which Museum? It is draining for everyone. Thankfully there are only a handful of truly oppressive work days in the course of a year. Cities are much worse, having natural cooling from forested environs really helps.

cool, which Museum? It is draining for everyone. Thankfully there are only a handful of truly oppressive work days in the course of a year. Cities are much worse, having natural cooling from forested environs really helps.

The subway is the worst. Most disgusting heat I've ever felt, not to mention the stations are basically toilets. There was some work being done on the Lexington Ave line this weekend and everyone was squeezing into the 4 trains like sardines. That train is packed in general, but in the summer when it's hot and you have people packed in so tight that you're up against someone and someone else is up against you it's just gross. Definitely not fun on the morning commute if you're in a full suit like many on that train are heading down to the financial district.

The subway is the worst. Most disgusting heat I've ever felt, not to mention the stations are basically toilets. There was some work being done on the Lexington Ave line this weekend and everyone was squeezing into the 4 trains like sardines. That train is packed in general, but in the summer when it's hot and you have people packed in so tight that you're up against someone and someone else is up against you it's just gross. Definitely not fun on the morning commute if you're in a full suit like many on that train are heading down to the financial district.

Seacacus and Newark penn smell like urine

Took that trip on a Friday up 95 to jewette City, by far the worst drive I ever had. Nothing in North east jersey compares to that drive by Old Lyme.

That was 395 up to Jewett City, my friend. But the old Lyme part was 95, and there is no road worse than 95 in CT.

I gave my sister directions to avoid most of 95 in Ct on her drive back to Florida, her husband said it would cost them in gas and time.They sat in traffic in NHaven for an hour and a half and then 2 hours at the GWB, good choice

Oh lord, so many better routes.

The new children's museum in West Hartford...right down the street from my apartment

Archived