joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Summer Doldrums Banter

Baroclinic Zone

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Simsbury is traffic-choked and impossible to get to. But at least they have restaurants

They're putting in a high end restaurant and a few other shops on that piece of wooded land next to Mobil and they just got approval on the south side of the bridge over 84 for a drive they so some sort of fast food place will open up down there where 7-11 used to be on 195 on way to Uconn

On another note.. Highway to hell in full effect

@TollandAlert: #Tollandfire & @CT_STATE_POLICE on scene of a MVA, 2 for transport. Expect delays on I84 east between exit 67 & 68.

They're putting in a high end restaurant and a few other shops on that piece of wooded land next to Mobil and they just got approval on the south side of the bridge over 84 for a drive they so some sort of fast food place will open up down there where 7-11 used to be on 195 on way to Uconn

@TollandAlert: #Tollandfire & @CT_STATE_POLICE on scene of a MVA, 2 for transport. Expect delays on I84 east between exit 67 & 68.

When are they going to address that highway problem?  Someone needs to add up all the time and resources spent addressing traffic accidents and figure out it's time to fix the highway design.

Congrats on the ranking with other developing towns.  Somers made the Money magazine list a few years ago as well.  I still prefer Stafford/Union.

Sounds like Tolland should be on the most dangerous cities list too.

Looks like MADIS is working on getting a high frequency METAR feed consisting of obs every 1 minute.

It's about time.

https://madis.ncep.noaa.gov/madis_hfmetar.shtml

They've been talking about this for years. The real question is will it be open to the public so we can finally argue about reaching 90 in between the hourlies in real time rather than wait for the end of day climate summary.

Hopefully a repeat of what happened a month later. This is now our #1 analog

@petermarteka: 8/17/1938 Courant: "Temps. past 95. Farm animals were drenched with water, sent to cool pastures. Many chicken suffocated." #Glastonbury

Not anxious for a cat 3 'cane, but I'd take a repeat of the following winter - Farmington had 16" in 3 late Nov storms (and temps to -6), 116" total snowfall, with a 25" dump in mid-March, and the first 50+ reading didn't occur until April 14.  #Long snowpack season.

When are they going to address that highway problem?  Someone needs to add up all the time and resources spent addressing traffic accidents and figure out it's time to fix the highway design.

Congrats on the ranking with other developing towns.  Somers made the Money magazine list a few years ago as well.  I still prefer Stafford/Union.

That's the state..not the town. That stretch of highway has been the HTH for many many years. It's not dangerous at all to drive..but with several accidents per week..most serious..obviously something is going on there

Got up to 84.7 at the pit. Back down to 83.4/64

Magic of the Pit.  We hit at least 89F at 750ft and 86F at 1,500ft up here.  Even 74F at 4,000ft.

It must take an act of God to get you to 90F.  I can't even fathom how warm it would have to be upstairs to get you to 90F....maybe 80F at 4,000ft could do it?

Magic of the Pit. We hit at least 89F at 750ft and 86F at 1,500ft up here. Even 74F at 4,000ft.

It must take an act of God to get you to 90F. I can't even fathom how warm it would have to be upstairs to get you to 90F....maybe 80F at 4,000ft could do it?

It was def warmer up there anyway. ORH only hit 86 today.

That's the state..not the town. That stretch of highway has been the HTH for many many years. It's not dangerous at all to drive..but with several accidents per week..most serious..obviously something is going on there

Reminds me of that section of 95 through Old Lyme where LifeStar seems to visit at least once a week. I think there are just some sections of highway that lend themselves to people driving faster than they should or realize, and zoning out because they're in the middle of nowhere. Though I thought I heard the worst section of highway in the state was 95 between 19 and 24, but that may be shear number of accidents per mile as opposed to frequency of bad accidents. I know down this way you can bet on an accident between 4 and 5 in the left lane. It's like clockwork every day at rush hour.

Magic of the Pit.  We hit at least 89F at 750ft and 86F at 1,500ft up here.  Even 74F at 4,000ft.

It must take an act of God to get you to 90F.  I can't even fathom how warm it would have to be upstairs to get you to 90F....maybe 80F at 4,000ft could do it?

Would have to be 80 at 4K or 99-100 at BAF or CEF for MPM to do the trick. 97 or so before ORH might do it.

It's so weird, I used to drive it all the time and always thought the road to UConn was far more dangerous but nope, only accidents were on that stretch.

Well there's obviously some outside forces that are at play here. Some higher power is taking pleasure in seeing accident,s injuries and even deaths there. 2 years ago..there was a photographer from S Ct driving up to my daughters school for picture day. It was in September. Dude drove off the road and died instantly.

Archived