joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Summer Doldrums Banter

Baroclinic Zone

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fully convinced people who don't work and play outside for extended periods are the only sickos who enjoy HHH and all the bugs and manky smells that come with it. I mean what's the redeeming value. I understand those who like the heat but just don't think anyone who spends hours outside wants high dews. Useless

Unless the dews come with bangers, completely useless.

Kinda meh after this week.

This week is the hot week with 90's and dews.. But the weekend and all of next week is humid with dews near 70 and soup, so still AN with high overnight mins I'm seeing some forecasts bringing a front thru the whole region this weekend with drying. With that ridge .. That isn't happening.

lol, the heat is legit getting to you

I'm cool. It hasn't been that hot up here yet...83F Sat and 84F yesterday. Nights have been low 60s so it cools right off.

Remember that I like high heat days. Unlike some who prefer it, but hide in the AC...I like to go out in it. I soaked in as much of 7/22/11 and 7/14/95 that I could. I just get bored with the mundane daily 93/68 crap.

ORH should get to 90. Not much to prevent it today, but we'll see

80F at 11am isn't very encouraging for an ORH 90F high. The fact that the torch-happy MET guidance only had 91F is also a red flag. I also typically want to see +20 850 temps...unless we have a good dry downslope flow when you can maybe pull it off at +18 or +19...we don't have that. We've got this weakish SW flow today and dews are in the upper 60s.

I'd say no dice at this stage.

80F at 11am isn't very encouraging for an ORH 90F high. The fact that the torch-happy MET guidance only had 91F is also a red flag. I also typically want to see +20 850 temps...unless we have a good dry downslope flow when you can maybe pull it off at +18 or +19...we don't have that. We've got this weakish SW flow today and dews are in the upper 60s.

I'd say no dice at this stage.

LOL "not much to prevent it" other than 1,000' elevation.

That's all true ... but there's also an unusual lapse rate (apparently) going on between ORH Airport and just 400 ' or so elevation lower.  Many areas surrounding are 85 to 89 according to NWS' EDD interactive page, and ORH managed to stagnate T between the 9:54 and 10:54 ob at 80 F... 

Not sure why that is, but more typically they'd be above the mark.  

That said, 90 would be a stretch either way given the status of things. I agree.  You really want 19 C minimum in June, and probably closer to 20 here in slipping past mid August.  

In fact, regionally this smacks of one of those rise fast, slam to a halt type days... then the T's bounce around fighting Poisson's equation. ha.

I'm just happy its coming now and not in July. Unlikely it will roll on week after week as it has in some of the hotter summers. Let's just hope it is done by the time school starts in a couple of weeks. At any rate, it will just be an ugly memory for us HHH haters (yes, I admit to being a hater) in another month.

Archived