Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Summer Doldrums Banter

Baroclinic Zone

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I love that drainage flow. I get that on strong rad evenings on my hill too. Light northerly flow around sunset and then the 1-2mph southerly drainage that drops us like a rock. I'd love to live in a geographic area like Pete...a higher elevation glen. I just wish we had some around here near civilization.

The NE Kingdom in VT has a ton of those spots with the rolling hills at higher elevation. Civilization is the problem.

Even around here it's mostly hillside or valley bottom under 1,200ft. Hard to find a protected like 1,600ft hollow amongst higher mountains.

I love that drainage flow. I get that on strong rad evenings on my hill too. Light northerly flow around sunset and then the 1-2mph southerly drainage that drops us like a rock. I'd love to live in a geographic area like Pete...a higher elevation glen. I just wish we had some around here near civilization.

I thought of you with that lol. Once that wind lightened up, man did it cool off.

Yeah that area of south/central VT actually has a lot more high elevation liveable spots than up here. Geography up here is a little sharper with higher peak elevations but also most folks living in the mountain valleys of like 500-1200ft. Down near the southern VT ski areas there are lots of like 1,200-2,000ft housing opportunities.

Yep, the high platuea has alot of high elevation housing options. I actually looked at a few houses in some of the mountain towns around here--winhall ,peru, lodonderry, etc before our place in manchester at 900ft. I think the highest elevation of a place we looked at was around 1950'.

Wxmanmitch has that place at the southern extent of the plateau at 2200ft and from his pics he posted it looks like its practically flat land.

Archived