joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Summer Doldrums Banter

Baroclinic Zone

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am pretty sure the long duration storm beat the blizzard where I was. Pretty incredible to say that.

What day was that? I think it might have been after the blizzard? Are you referring to the wind after the 2/16 storm?

2/16 storm is it for me. To watch the ULL go under us and blow up, then wake up at six am to pounding parachutes at 3-4 per hour on top of a huge base...well, it was like Hoth. Amazing amazing stretch.

Ryan on vacation on CC was on the beach when a huge great white was just off the beach.

Was out kayaking today near a point at FINY and a 25-30" striper nearly jumped in my boat. Scared the bejesus out of me. Probably would've capsized if it had jumped in the cockpit, but instead it rolled off the bow. Thinking my shadow must've startled it or something. No great white, but still notable.

Was out kayaking today near a point at FINY and a 25-30" striper nearly jumped in my boat. Scared the bejesus out of me. Probably would've capsized if it had jumped in the cockpit, but instead it rolled off the bow. Thinking my shadow must've startled it or something. No great white, but still notable.

probably thought you were a great white.

2/16 storm is it for me. To watch the ULL go under us and blow up, then wake up at six am to pounding parachutes at 3-4 per hour on top of a huge base...well, it was like Hoth. Amazing amazing stretch.

The atmosphere was literally choking on dendrites. I had to follow the guardrail on the x-way to see where I was going lol.

nice Wiz, 

Thanks!

Sounds like a cool deal congrats

Thanks!

Kudos - foot in the door is all it takes :)

Thanks!

What does that mean,  "freelance weather writing"

I'm still working out the details and such and I'm not entirely sure how frequent I'll be writing but I do know that one project is at the start of every month just writing about the most interesting weather events which occurred across the US the month prior.  So like over the next few days I'll be writing something up for the month of July.  

As for the getting paid part...not sure exactly how that's being worked out...still ironing that out but what I believe I do is click a timer when I begin working (whether it's writing or doing any research into events and such) and when I'm done I just stop the timer.  When I was doing work for this company posting apartment ads that's what I did for recording time.  

We'll see what happens but looking forward to see what opportunity this brings and I love writing so...sweet!

I am pretty sure the long duration storm beat the blizzard where I was. Pretty incredible to say that.

What day was that? I think it might have been after the blizzard? Are you referring to the wind after the 2/16 storm?

That might have been the one that got our rears chewed out because of storm total collaboration issues.

Apparently when you are off by a half inch to an inch of snow every 6 hours for 60 hours, the snow amounts across borders can look a little off.

Speaking of reminiscing of past events, I was taking engagement pictures out on the ferry, and back at the terminal they have a huge mural of pictures from the winter of 1934. Instead of cozying up to the dock, they had passengers just walk across the ice to the ferries.

We weren't quite that choked this past winter, but it came close. I know the ferry from Yarmouth to Chebeague had to run all night a handful of times to prevent the route from freezing solid.

The shark this evening was nuts. I couldn't believe it. There were a bunch of kids swimming just down the beach as that thing was hauling south.

well as the seal population continues to explode so will all these shark sightings etc...there are just too many seals...and that has big implications beyond sharks...

Archived