joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Summer Doldrums Banter

Baroclinic Zone

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What a magnificent evening! Perfect weather.

It's official, we're moving....offer was accepted. I need to buy a snow blower and lawn mower. I'm amazed we're moving after 23 years in the same house.

That's great, Jerry--congratulations!  Don't forget to add a leaf blower, rakes, shovels, and hoses to your home depot list.  :)

Did you have to go over asking like you thought you might?

congrats, pics ? What town? You will be amazed at how much junk you have accumulated.

Staying in Brookline just moving up to the part that is in chestnut hill...near putterham golf course. I have crap from the 70s that will need to be discarded. We're giving up walking to everything which is a loss but we're gaining a beautiful neighborhood that's in the country just 3 miles from where I am now. And I'm gaining elevation...lol. The house appears in great shape but we'll have an inspection next week that should tell the tale. Looking forward to the quiet and I'll find quickest walking routes (neighborhood has sidewalks which is a requirement for me-deal breaker otherwise) and enjoy the gain in amenities, space, quiet, nice living area, and a bit more snow.

Staying in Brookline just moving up to the part that is in chestnut hill...near putterham golf course. I have crap from the 70s that will need to be discarded. We're giving up walking to everything which is a loss but we're gaining a beautiful neighborhood that's in the country just 3 miles from where I am now. And I'm gaining elevation...lol. The house appears in great shape but we'll have an inspection next week that should tell the tale. Looking forward to the quiet and I'll find quickest walking routes (neighborhood has sidewalks which is a requirement for me-deal breaker otherwise) and enjoy the gain in amenities, space, quiet, nice living area, and a bit more snow.

nice Jerry, you selling your home?

That's great, Jerry--congratulations!  Don't forget to add a leaf blower, rakes, shovels, and hoses to your home depot list.  :)

Did you have to go over asking like you thought you might?

Thanks Mike. Yes we went well over but this property will be well over 1m within a year I think.

Congrats on more snow now than Ray

Nah. Getting within striking distance though.

Awesome. Did you really have to offer 100k over? Congrats man.

Lol. 83 over. Odd weird number bids win.

Yes. About that statement you made about caring less about this upcoming winter.... I see renewed vigor and multiple dog walk wintry pics in your future.

Lol...so true. I've been renewed and now I'm in a place that is really nice in snow so I'm ready as long as the cold isn't crazy.

I know his house....not even on the same planet...lol. But not too far away.

Lol. I just looked at the homes for sale , holy fuk. a home very similar to mine is listed at 1.1 m, lol my valuation was 195K . I have almost 3 acres, that place 15K sq ft of yard. Location location location, but damn 

Archived