joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
June Obs and Daily Disco

H2O

• Replies 859
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What a nice day. I mean like wow. Perfect.

Took my 10 year olds for a big ride. Started at gravelly point by Reagan. Crossed memorial bridge and rode from Lincoln to the capital. Stopped at air and space. Had fried shrimp at the wharf. Did hains point loop and back over 14th bridge. 13.4 miles on the trip log and a lot of cool stops. River looks like chocolate milk. I'm pooped.

77 with a nice little breeze. I can't keep the ants outta my hummingbird feeder. :(

If the feeder is hanging from an angled hook, put baby oil on the base of the hook, low enough that the hummers won't get it on their wings, or allow it to run onto the feeder.

If it's hanging from a tree, I dunno.

Obs. Wonderful 57 sunny dry morning. Lovin' this weather. Finally slept without the a/c running. :)

What a nice day. I mean like wow. Perfect.

Took my 10 year olds for a big ride. Started at gravelly point by Reagan. Crossed memorial bridge and rode from Lincoln to the capital. Stopped at air and space. Had fried shrimp at the wharf. Did hains point loop and back over 14th bridge. 13.4 miles on the trip log and a lot of cool stops. River looks like chocolate milk. I'm pooped.

That sounds like a perfect day!

That doesn't make any logical sense.

Oh well, I guess!

Yeah, unless you take measurements like Famartin, what is reported may not be the actual precip that fell during the month, but rather what is reported for the month.

In most cases it doesn't make a difference but in this month it does because like most Cocorahs members, I take my measurements in the early morning (6AM for me). On June 1st, I reported .60", but some of that fell on May 31st. And on Wednesday, if any rain falls Tuesday afternoon or evening, I'll be reporting June precip in July.

So, it makes sense, but you're not wrong. My July starts at 6AM on June 30th. That doesn't make sense. :)

Yeah, unless you take measurements like Famartin, what is reported may not be the actual precip that fell during the month, but rather what is reported for the month.

In most cases it doesn't make a difference but in this month it does because like most Cocorahs members, I take my measurements in the early morning (6AM for me). On June 1st, I reported .60", but some of that fell on May 31st. And on Wednesday, if any rain falls Tuesday afternoon or evening, I'll be reporting June precip in July.

So, it makes sense, but you're not wrong. My July starts at 6AM on June 30th. That doesn't make sense. :)

The general idea is that hydrologists can use the data to run models and make hydrologic forecasts as soon as their day starts.

BTW, for the most part the NWS COOP network reports similarly (with exceptions like mine).  Most reporters are morning reporters.

Different ob times are acceptable in CoCoRaHS, though you won't get on their map if you report during the afternoon or evening.  Consistency is the number one.  Data is still archived and distributed if you report at another time than their preferred morning.  Besides midnight making more sense to me, its better for my schedule, since I'm usually both awake and at home within an hour or so of midnight.

The general idea is that hydrologists can use the data to run models and make hydrologic forecasts as soon as their day starts.

BTW, for the most part the NWS COOP network reports similarly (with exceptions like mine). Most reporters are morning reporters.

Different ob times are acceptable in CoCoRaHS, though you won't get on their map if you report during the afternoon or evening. Consistency is the number one. Data is still archived and distributed if you report at another time than their preferred morning. Besides midnight making more sense to me, its better for my schedule, since I'm usually both awake and at home within an hour or so of midnight.

Thanks for this. Does the NWS COOP use the CoCoRaHS data too?

Archived