• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CHSVol
    Newest Member
    CHSVol
Modicum Mauler (II) - April 8, 2015

NorEastermass128

I'd be willing to bet snow makes it down to about HFD at some point..at least flakes mixing in

850 temps are pretty mild south of the pike which is the problem despite cold lower levels .

However, this whole deal was intesting to me anyways for awhile now. Anytime you can get even a little snow or mixed precip this time of year....it's pretty cool. I'll have to look at soundings when I have the chance to see if even I may see something. I just quickly looked at the progs.

• Replies 918
  • Created
  • Last Reply

850 temps are pretty mild south of the pike which is the problem despite cold lower levels .

However, this whole deal was intesting to me anyways for awhile now. Anytime you can get even a little snow or mixed precip this time of year....it's pretty cool. I'll have to look at soundings when I have the chance to see if even I may see something. I just quickly looked at the progs.

It's been my experience these types of deals end up with more sleet than snow..though there's usually a couple hour period where you get some snow to mix in. Especially if there's some heavier bursts of precip.

It's been my experience these types of deals end up with more sleet than snow..though there's usually a couple hour period where you get some snow to mix in. Especially if there's some heavier bursts of precip.

Surface below freezing? My car was a sheet of ice yesterday morning.

Just so you are all aware, I bought an awd vehicle last week. So next winter will be the reincarnation of 2011-12.

well,fyi, i sent my snow blower out to be fixed on three separate occasions this winter, and got it back finally 100% functional right after V-day...and it never snowed again...so, i'm the reason why it abruptly stopped snowing 

well,fyi, i sent my snow blower out to be fixed on three separate occasions this winter, and got it back finally 100% functional right after V-day...and it never snowed again...so, i'm the reason why it abruptly stopped snowing

Lol that's terrible. I hope it functioned well enough before then

I got mine serviced in early November and I thought I was the cause of the lack of big snows before the end of Jan

NAM is a scalping for ORH-BOS-BED. Snow for LWM-FIT it seems tomorrow aftn. GFS a bit warmer but gets sleet to ORH. Definitely something to watch. NAM is very cold 950-900. Good lord.

NAM is so cold at 900-950 that it might be the type of sleet with pixie dust mixed in...esp in the ORH-BED corridor...we'll have to watch that.

NAM is so cold at 900-950 that it might be the type of sleet with pixie dust mixed in...esp in the ORH-BED corridor...we'll have to watch that.

Yeah I know...lol.  EC was also pretty cold at 925. Unless there is a warm layer at 800..was pretty close to snow even near BOS.

Rgem actually gave north of the pike about 2" of snow in addition to another quater inch of QPF as sleet.

I thought the 06z NAM was a bullish thump for places like Orange Mass... Wow.  Had over an inch of QPF at ALB and 3/4 of it in snow.

Notwithstanding any partial thickness intervals sneaking in about the 850mb, ...if it were just dependent on the 850 to 1000 sigma you'd be looking at a warning level event for the Cap district down the Mohawk Trail into N-central Mass...  

But...  NAM NAM NAM NAM NAM

12z NAM is cold again...that's pretty much a snow sounding for ORH-BOS tomorrow morning/midday transitioning to sleet...but snow stays pretty close by...it looks like from about LWM over to FIT could be snow right through the evening.

That's darn near close to warning snowfall for like ASH to LWM

Archived