Gonzalo00
    Newest Member
    Gonzalo00
Modicum Mauler (II) - April 8, 2015

NorEastermass128

• Replies 918
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Euro ensembles looked fairly similar to OP run.

I'll be anxious to see what the 18z RGEM says. The NAM is certainly prone to having huge swings...but the idea of less precip in the morning is supported by the Euro and GFS....GFS is just the extreme outlier in how little QPF falls. Euro is more 18z to 06z.

Euro ensembles looked fairly similar to OP run.

I'll be anxious to see what the 18z RGEM says. The NAM is certainly prone to having huge swings...but the idea of less precip in the morning is supported by the Euro and GFS....GFS is just the extreme outlier in how little QPF falls. Euro is more 18z to 06z.

Sort of a catch 22 because warmer air begins to move in aloft later at night, but obviously you lose daytime insolation too. 900 and below will be pretty darn cold. Also, the WAA drives the precip so hopefully the cold establishes prior to any real WAA push. Obviously better the further north you are.

Sort of a catch 22 because warmer air begins to move in aloft later at night, but obviously you lose daytime insolation too. 900 and below will be pretty darn cold. Also, the WAA drives the precip so hopefully the cold establishes prior to any real WAA push. Obviously better the further north you are.

That could make for a period of glazing in ORH hills if the precip is more delayed....versus more pellets/snow if the precip comes in more during the afternoon/early evening.

RGEM still has big QPF though unlike NAM which shifted most of it north...thats a big difference.

RGEM warmed a bit in mid-levels, but it has like 3" of pellets for ORH. :lol:

Also some glaze too.

I've seen those big sleet ideas work out twice that I can remember. VD Day 2007 and one event recently...can't remember which. It will either be more rain or snow...prob the former.

GFS shifted south to with the QPF from 12z, but it's more in line with the other guidance.  Still heaviest in srn NH up to the lakes region, but some pellets and/or glaze into MA as well. 

Looks like the heaviest is in central/southern VT... Killington area probably jackpot.

About what? A trace to half inch of sleet/snow north of the pike? I don't think.anyone is surprised....

No, from there up into SNH. Your area was and still is a wild card, but this was modeled well despite some hoping for long romantic walks along the Shawsheen river.

GFS shifted south to with the QPF from 12z, but it's more in line with the other guidance. Still heaviest in srn NH up to the lakes region, but some pellets and/or glaze into MA as well.

Looked a bit colder too tomorrow evening.

Archived