joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Modicum Mauler (II) - April 8, 2015

NorEastermass128

• Replies 918
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Euro is really close to a solid snowfall for N MA....still should def watch for accumulating snow N of pike...CNE def looks better, but it could sneak further south.

Yeah definitely looks right on the line in the hills of the RT 2 corridor for Wednesday afternoon into Thursday night.

H85s are real marginal at 0C to +2C along the Pike, but I bet spots like Hubb and MPM would do ok I that verbatim.

A line from like ART-MPV-PWM gets the best lift though.

Yeah definitely looks right on the line in the hills of the RT 2 corridor for Wednesday afternoon into Thursday night.

H85s are real marginal at 0C to +2C along the Pike, but I bet spots like Hubb and MPM would do ok I that verbatim.

A line from like ART-MPV-PWM gets the best lift though.

I've found that deep layer NE flow can help cool temps near 850 a tick or so in the higher elevations which may help. That is some real cold coming down from Maine. 950 temps on the GFS show the classic pull of cold through Maine into MA before moderating a tad as you move further southwest.

I've found that deep layer NE flow can help cool temps near 850 a tick or so in the higher elevations which may help. That is some real cold coming down from Maine. 950 temps on the GFS show the classic pull of cold through Maine into MA before moderating a tad as you move further southwest.

Yeah almost has a sleety look in eastern Mass south of the 850 freezing line as that 925-950 layer cold tuck goes further SW.

Obvioisly I don't agree and suspect we see further cooling and a south shift in model world next 2 days. Similar to what just happened yesterday. No reason why it shouldn't

It would take a big shift to move 850 temps SW.  Wednesday night is possible, but precip may dry up then too. Yesterday was always precip moving up from the SW and favored your area for 2 days out. 

Had 1" yesterday early am that fell in about a 2hr period before it melted

Saw two feather-filled flurries yesterday morning, one at home about 9 that dropped 0.4" in 15 minutes, but only 0.01" (and barely that) so most evaporated/melted quickly. 2nd was at church about 10:30, maybe 1/4" - if it continued to home, it added nothing measurable to the catch bucket.

Saw PQI/HUL at -12/-13 at 6 AM this morning (don't know if those were their minima), must be close to their AT lows for April.

Archived