• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Modicum Mauler (II) - April 8, 2015

NorEastermass128

Saw two feather-filled flurries yesterday morning, one at home about 9 that dropped 0.4" in 15 minutes, but only 0.01" (and barely that) so most evaporated/melted quickly. 2nd was at church about 10:30, maybe 1/4" - if it continued to home, it added nothing measurable to the catch bucket.

Saw PQI/HUL at -12/-13 at 6 AM this morning (don't know if those were their minima), must be close to their AT lows for April.

http://bangordailynews.com/2015/04/06/news/aroostook/northern-maine-breaks-april-records-with-below-zero-temperatures/?ref=latest

• Replies 918
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Week of wintery threats is trending towards a bunch of D-2" snows. Like 3 days now of measurable snow in my yard has totaled like 1.7" but each has melted before the next fell haha.

There have been some better snows to the south though like mreeves had almost 3" yesterday.

Week of wintery threats is trending towards a bunch of D-2" snows. Like 3 days now of measurable snow in my yard has totaled like 1.7" but each has melted before the next fell haha.

There have been some better snows to the south though like mreeves had almost 3" yesterday.

Yep and all gone now. I'm fine with these trending smaller. I want some Tippy, nape tanning weather.

It has been snowing all afternoon here in St. J.  Not more than a dusting and the roads are just wet.

Snowing steadily all afternoon here and accumulations are just starting to really pick up in the last hour. 

What I noticed is pavement is wet, dirt roads have a little slush in spots, and even the grass areas that melted out only have like 0.3" on them.... however the old snow and white snowboard is sporting around an inch now.

I will say I was poo-pooing anything that wasn't a major event...but this is better than rain.  I'd still take 60F and sunny right now, but if it can't be that, I'll take an afternoon of steady snow falling and whitening.

So odd to be watching Red Sox opening day game while watching the trees in the yard turn white.

Snowing steadily all afternoon here and accumulations are just starting to really pick up in the last hour.

What I noticed is pavement is wet, dirt roads have a little slush in spots, and even the grass areas that melted out only have like 0.3" on them.... however the old snow and white snowboard is sporting around an inch now.

I will say I was poo-pooing anything that wasn't a major event...but this is better than rain. I'd still take 60F and sunny right now, but if it can't be that, I'll take an afternoon of steady snow falling and whitening.

So odd to be watching Red Sox opening day game while watching the trees in the yard turn white.

IMG_9830_edited-1-1.jpg

If it ain't white, it ain't right.

Depending how much sun we get in that warm sector on Friday ...assuming the blend takes place... wow what a turn around between Wed and Fri.   

Now THAT is how you run a season flip!   35 to 65+

Looks like Saturday isn't the napiest day out of the bunch though like I saw some posts while ago.  It's really more Sunday and Monday. Like the Euro's big-bubble-no-trouble heaven with +2C going to +8 those two days in full sun, no wind, deep blues. 

That should trigger green up... I have sugar maple bud swell up here, but nothing else.  Should see hyacinth and lawns starting to green a week from Wednesday... Soon I can rotate the soil and apply the ph balance -

Archived